Notices

Skidoo sled guys..

Old 02-22-2004, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skidoo sled guys..

Does anyone know, who or where I can find big bore kits for a 2002 800 mxz ski doo. Do they even make them?.

Thanks

Travis

p.s...sorry its not about boats, but dammit I need a faster sled
Old 02-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Registered

I would start buying an arctic cat but union bay racing is probablyt your best choice they are a proven winner on the track
Old 02-22-2004, 02:48 PM
Registered

arctic cat.. you want me to buy a ditch pickle I have to keep this one till its payed off, so I was just checking my options out. Thanks for the info.

Travis
Attached Thumbnails Skidoo sled guys..-sled.jpg  
Old 02-22-2004, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would start by not buying an Arctic Cat. Then I would call Don Emery @ DNE Performance (705)487-3689. He is north of Toronto, not too far from you. His engine work is top notch and he'll tell you what works and what doesn't. You'll need to do your own clutch work, his isn't that great IMO. Remember, the trail and the track are 2 completely different things. Don't ruin a perfectly good ride.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Travis ..
Call Chuck Dasilva at Dasilva motor sports in Moultonboro NH Will Get # for you ...He can Tell ya all ya need to know..
Bob
Old 02-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Registered

thank ya guys

Maybe I could snatch one of those new 1000cc motors coming out from ski doo

Last edited by traviss; 02-22-2004 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:13 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Hey, traviss...I might have a sled that you'd be really interested in...it's a former race sled. The thing is really sick. I guess the guy goes out and buys a new 20k sled every year. This one is for sale for around 10k. It is totally built up using Ski-doo parts on the REV chassis. The engine was even built by Ski-doo so you know that it was done right. I'm told it makes around 180hp! It has a 2" picked track that looks really sick. It has a playback pyro. Hi-lo hand warmers. A race seat. 6" rise handle bars. A built clutch. A custom tunnel. I'm sure the list goes on, but those were the things I noticed.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:16 PM
Registered

Ditch Pickle??? what is a ditch pickle??? and what are you guys doing on those "up north" machines anyway? Trying to get frostbite?
Old 02-22-2004, 10:18 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Cord
Hey, traviss...I might have a sled that you'd be really interested in...it's a former race sled. The thing is really sick. I guess the guy goes out and buys a new 20k sled every year. This one is for sale for around 10k. It is totally built up using Ski-doo parts on the REV chassis. The engine was even built by Ski-doo so you know that it was done right. I'm told it makes around 180hp! It has a 2" picked track that looks really sick. It has a playback pyro. Hi-lo hand warmers. A race seat. 6" rise handle bars. A built clutch. A custom tunnel. I'm sure the list goes on, but those were the things I noticed.
playback pyro??? what the hell is that??? does it blow flames??? And 6" high rise handlebars??? Damn... can't you get ape hangers and a sissy bar on it too???
Old 02-22-2004, 11:02 PM
Registered

DITCH PICKLE.... I HAVE A DITCH PICKLE.

Last time I wanted to go fast I just called Hooper, turned my ZRT800 into a 1050. run great on pump Gas and put out around 220 hp. this sled had unbelievable top end and run a low 5 second on grass in 500 feet.
a good friend of mine bought the sled and has put tons of miles on it in Canada.
we have seen yellow and black but that was always when we were passing wasn't sure if its was SKI Doo or not...
seriously we have alot of revs on our Lake but they are mostly owned by Women who don't like to feel the bumps, but I feel you need speed to feel a bump.

switch once bought the Viper when it came out. put a hawlk venom kit in it. it had speed but the supension sucked...

thought about buying a rev but bought the ZR900 very happy with the sled nice suspension.

there is a few guys in our area not sure who does there engines but they have awesome Ski Doo drag sleds.
one guys sleds are ungodly he has different drivers. and does low 4's in 500 grass and not sure what he's 660 is on ICE. but he comes out just to show off he will actually tow he sled down to the drag strip so the studs never touch the ground until the ice.....

Quick Reply: Skidoo sled guys..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.