Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   saber or sabre (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/72600-saber-sabre.html)

LEOPAJM 03-04-2004 01:49 PM

You gettin used up on that big ol monster ???

Sure would like to see it runnin (I'm sure you would too)

But .... then again ... change is good ... right !??!?!!??

Maybe trade it somewhere ... bend over... and get into something you can PUT IN THE WATER and use !!!:D

See Ya !!!!

JM

Chris 03-05-2004 09:38 PM

If anybody hears or sees a used Saber, Please contact me.
Thank you
Chris
[email protected]

Waterfoul 03-05-2004 10:18 PM

There's a single 502/415hp 28 for sale here in Grand Rapids. $34,500. Add a procharger or something of that order and it would probably run in the mid 70's or so. In any water!! Even 8 footers. Right Parnell???:D All white boat too. Add your own graphics.

Nauti Kitty 03-05-2004 10:30 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Waterfoul
In any water!! Even 8 footers. Right Parnell???:D

Depends on who's measuring and how big your balls are. ;)

Quiet Storm 03-05-2004 10:57 PM

I know you guy's run these boats real hard. Has anybody had any problems with things coming apart or stress cracks? Any other issues?

Chris 03-05-2004 11:02 PM

Waterfoul

Would you by chance know how to get a hold of the owner?

cougarman 03-06-2004 03:40 AM

Chris,

I think I would Just call Doug or Jim @ Saber.

They are pretty good about where there boats
are at and whats for sale.

616-837-6442

email: [email protected]

Webpage

They could turn it into a twin for you also. :D :D
I have some nice N/A 572's that would fit in there
700hp. each.

Good luck either way.

Cougarman

LEOPAJM 03-06-2004 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Chris
If anybody hears or sees a used Saber, Please contact me.
Thank you
Chris
[email protected]

Chris ... How about this one ... if you really want to run it hard !?!?!?!?!

Nauti Kitty 03-06-2004 09:59 AM

Originally posted by Quiet Storm
I know you guy's run these boats real hard. Has anybody had any problems with things coming apart or stress cracks? Any other issues?
Quite Storm I do not beleive you can find a current or former saber owner that will tell you these boats don't hold up. Strength has always been a hallmark of their boats. NK

LEOPAJM 03-06-2004 10:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Nauti Kitty
Quite Storm I do not beleive you can find a current or former saber owner that will tell you these boats don't hold up. Strength has always been a hallmark of their boats. NK
Yeah ... too bad all these pics I have are from that pond you guys run on over there ........:p

Nauti Kitty 03-06-2004 10:15 AM

Originally posted by LEOPAJM
Yeah ... too bad all these pics I have are from that pond you guys run on over there ........:p
Why don't you bring it over this year in late september when only primal instinct and I are boating?
BTW How big can the waves be on a lake thats 30 feet deep? Does the LE in LEOPA stand for little erie?:D

WickedWon 03-06-2004 10:26 AM

Why don't you bring it over this year in late september when only primal instinct and I are boating?
BTW How big can the waves be on a lake thats 30 feet deep? Does the LE in LEOPA stand for little erie?:D

Touche !:eek: :D

Chris 03-07-2004 03:25 PM

ttt

Waterfoul 03-07-2004 07:44 PM

Chris, I can't find the boat trader issue it was listed in. I'll see what I can do.

Chris 03-07-2004 08:17 PM

Thank you!

LEOPAJM 03-08-2004 09:00 AM

Maybe I will ..... I ain't SKEERED !!!!!!!

Hey Parnell .... sounds like we missed a pretty good party !!!

Think those Cheif boys got anything for ya over there ?!?!!?

JM:D

Nauti Kitty 03-09-2004 09:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Maybe I will ..... I ain't SKEERED !!!!!!!

Hey Parnell .... sounds like we missed a pretty good party !!!

Think those Cheif boys got anything for ya over there ?!?!!?

JM:D

Bad timing for them to sell a boat to me no matter how good it is. And it looks good. With all the personnal time I have in building this boat I will probably never sell it. I did find an engine room pic.

BTW What party? I don't remember a party. :(

LEOPAJM 03-09-2004 09:37 AM

Bad timing for them to sell a boat to me no matter how good it is. And it looks good. With all the personnal time I have in building this boat I will probably never sell it. I did find an engine room pic.

BTW What party? I don't remember a party. :(

I'm not talkin about sellin ya one !?!?!?!?!:D

Yours looks great ... can't wait to see it over some spray and sunshine !!!!

JM

Nauti Kitty 03-09-2004 04:19 PM

Thanks Jerry. Still not done though, I have a few important things ( 1 month according to Doug) left to do in the engine room and I have not even touched the cabin yet. Next fall project. See ya at sotw. NK

LEOPAJM 03-11-2004 04:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sounds good .... Lookin forward to Smoke .... BTW ... Don't take up too much of Dougs time up there cause he may need to start layin up a new one .....

See Classifieds ...

Nauti Kitty 03-11-2004 08:56 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LEOPAJM
[B]Sounds good .... Lookin forward to Smoke .... BTW ... Don't take up too much of Dougs time up there cause he may need to start layin up a new one .....

This could put a kink in my fall project of completely starting over and redoing the entire cabin. You may want me to finish that so doug has more good ideas. It will be very interesting I promise. :cool: NK

LEOPAJM 03-12-2004 08:38 AM

Dude ...... if we go forward with this project .... there'll be plenty of time in the fall for you !!!! Won't there ???:D

What are you going to do ... make the cabin one big SUBWOOFER !?!??!?!?!?!?:p

cougarman 03-12-2004 08:49 AM

Sonic Subwoofer Propulsion!

Nauti has been complaining about being the slowest
of the 41' Sabers.

Could this be the new technology?
Sonic SubWoofer Propulsion?

Some people will try anything to have
the edge on blowing by, they would
be fuel economical.

:D :D

Cougarman

Nauti Kitty 03-12-2004 09:41 AM

Two 12's right now and a 10 in the cabin is it for me. Not big in the whole east coast/west coast rap thing. Just a little bass for them there rock songs is fine. The two twelves do face back, I wonder if thats worth 1/2 mph? Extra 100 pounds, probably not. NK

LEOPAJM 03-12-2004 09:47 AM

An extra 100 pounds is Ok ... as long as it's not on your date !!!!!!!!!:D

cougarman 03-12-2004 09:56 AM

I second that!

Unless she's your Coast Guard friend and it's all gear!

Cougarman

Nauti Kitty 03-12-2004 04:26 PM

Re: I second that!

Originally posted by CougarMan
Unless she's your Coast Guard friend and it's all gear!

Cougarman

Yeah as soon as the ice thaws I gotta get that project going b/4 all the letches swoop in. "Hey remember me? I'm the one with the helmut" :)

Nauti Kitty 03-12-2004 04:27 PM

An extra 100 pounds is Ok ... as long as it's not on your date !!!!!!!!!:D
Doug says it's better on a date cause then I can throw her over when the other sabers roar by. :eek:

SABER28 03-12-2004 10:03 PM

hey JM, "new boat ordered"????

please fill us in;)

cougarman 03-13-2004 04:18 AM

Corrado

I called Saber today. I should have a quote shortly.
Good luck, one thing you'll find with Saber is
it will be right when it's done. Hard to find
these day's Honesty and a product worth
paying for.

As said in any of the Saber threads you do a
search on, is all Saber owners seem to be
extremly happy. And the only time they seem
to sell them is when building another Saber.

Cougarman

WickedWon 03-13-2004 07:13 AM

Uh Oh

Hey Parn, If Jerry lets the brothers have their way ( and incorporates what they've learned on ours ) this new one's gonna be a BEAST ;) I guess we'll just be waving ba-bye.............Ya think he'll still talk to us ?

BTW He better let us approve who ever gets the old boat, ya can't let just any azzhole into this club ;) Our mantra "run'em like you stole'em" :D :D

LEOPAJM 03-13-2004 07:26 AM

Re: Uh Oh

Originally posted by WickedWon
Hey Parn, If Jerry lets the brothers have their way ( and incorporates what they've learned on ours ) this new one's gonna be a BEAST ;) I guess we'll just be waving ba-bye.............Ya think he'll still talk to us ?

BTW He better let us approve who ever gets the old boat, ya can't let just any azzhole into this club ;) Our mantra "run'em like you stole'em" :D :D

I'll still throw you guys a few bones !!! Hey .... I still gotta bum clean towels and margarita's from someone .... Besides .... those OL guys pushed me around too much and made fun of my clothes !!!:D

Nauti Kitty 03-13-2004 10:02 AM

Re: Uh Oh

Cripes I'm already waving bye bye. :eek: You have set the bar pretty high so I think it could be a top notch race. Maybe come down to the arm and the balls. That would be fun to watch. Just let me get up ahead so I can turn around and enjoy. :)

BTW I'm searching for the right home. We don't need no stinkin puzzy's driving it. Ancestral Spirit gets run on tuesday with the boxes as high as they are going to go. Keep your fingers crossed. I'm looking for 115 mph. What do ya think my chances are? :rolleyes:

Nauti Kitty 03-13-2004 10:03 AM

Originally posted by Corrado
I called Saber today. I should have a quote shortly.:p

Tommy

Good luck. I do not beleive you would be disapointed. NK

WickedWon 03-13-2004 10:22 AM

Re: Re: Uh Oh

Cripes I'm already waving bye bye. :eek: You have set the bar pretty high so I think it could be a top notch race. Maybe come down to the arm and the balls. That would be fun to watch. Just let me get up ahead so I can turn around and enjoy. :)

BTW I'm searching for the right home. We don't need no stinkin puzzy's driving it. Ancestral Spirit gets run on tuesday with the boxes as high as they are going to go. Keep your fingers crossed. I'm looking for 115 mph. What do ya think my chances are? :rolleyes:

None, Parn these are REAL boats to be used in the REAL world. Be sure that when you get done ya haven't taken the "fun" out of the handling ;) I've run right by MANY boats that are "faster" than mine in the magazines :rolleyes:

WickedWon 03-13-2004 10:31 AM

Re: Re: Uh Oh

1 Attachment(s)

I'll still throw you guys a few bones !!! Hey .... I still gotta bum clean towels and margarita's from someone .... Besides .... those OL guys pushed me around too much and made fun of my clothes !!!:D
You are definitely not OL material, you have WAY too much fun, hell they probably wouldn't sell ya one just because of pictures like this :eek: :D

Nauti Kitty 03-13-2004 02:45 PM

Re: Re: Re: Uh Oh

None, Parn these are REAL boats to be used in the REAL world. Be sure that when you get done ya haven't taken the "fun" out of the handling ;) I've run right by MANY boats that are "faster" than mine in the magazines :rolleyes:
Boy, based on this board I really thought I had a shot at 115. :mad:
95 and a smoooooth ride would be nice too. :D
I like my chances for that a lot better. I can't wait to see what it does. I can always space it down but based on everything we've done, I think I'm where I'm going to be. Fine tune the props and go boating. Now where's the big water? :cool:

Nauti Kitty 03-13-2004 02:47 PM

Re: Re: Re: Uh Oh

You are definitely not OL material, you have WAY too much fun, hell they probably wouldn't sell ya one just because of pictures like this :eek: :D
I know if I owned ol I wouldn't sell him one. :eek:

Quiet Storm 03-13-2004 04:45 PM

Do any of you Saber guy's know Mark Peters? He has or had a 28 Cyclone.

GLH 03-13-2004 05:34 PM

You guys are the sh!t this thread is funny as hell! :D

"Don't dial the fun out of the handling" Classic Jim!