Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO Good ole boy network - anyone do plumbing supplies? >

OSO Good ole boy network - anyone do plumbing supplies?

Notices

OSO Good ole boy network - anyone do plumbing supplies?

Old 02-25-2004, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OSO Good ole boy network - anyone do plumbing supplies?

Maybe plumbing supplies is not the right phrase - here's the deal. The Mrs and I just bought a new house, complete with a master bathroom. Said bathroom has one of those wife-pleasing whirlpool tubs, along with a separate shower. So far, so good.

However, the previous owners never had the builder finish the shower, so I've got a wonderful, tiled in space about 3' x 5', shower head, soap rack, all the goodies - but no shower enclosure! Water sprays all over the damn place!

So, I need to install (or have installed) glass shower walls and a door. I went to Expo Design Center - the fancy Home Depot place - and they wanted over $4K for this deal! Cripes, I thought "marine" parts were a racket, my damn jaw hit the floor.

Any suggestions out there? It's kind of like this:

TTTTTTTTTTTT
T........S........t
T..................t
T..................t
T..................t
T..................t
T..................t
T..................t
T..................t
T..................t
ttttttttttttttttt

Where T= the tiled wall and t= a 5" or so high rim to keep the water in. I need to put a glass enclosure on top of the 5" rim. S= the shower head.
Old 02-25-2004, 03:29 PM
hauling ass-a

i'am a service manager for a plumbing company, also a plumber. call any local glass guy and they will make you anything you want! my glass guy charges 65.00 per square for 3/8 glass and 75.00 for 1/2" glass this is for top of the line frameless shower doors installed. hope this helps. let me know if there is anything else i can do. you can buy a pivot door installed for around 255 installed. toll brothers builds alot of houses near me , with the whirlpool and shower right next to each other with a glass enclouser that seperates them which cost around 1100 installed. if you want pm me and i will give you my business # it may be easier for me to help you.

Old 02-25-2004, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Know of a place were I can get a decent tub with enclosure. I'm only looking for a standard tub but I don't want the HD crap.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Call a glass shop they will do it for ya and a lot cheaper than the quote you got!
Old 02-25-2004, 04:35 PM
capt. crunch

Call a local glass guy, im a remodeling contractor and my glass guy does a nice enclosure for 800- 1000
Hey guys a word of advice, keep your wives out of expo, they are approx. 3 times the price on everything
in the store than the rest of the world. Even my well healed ,open checkbook customers freak at their prices.
holy chit man!!!!!!!!