BK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From http://baldknobmarina.com/aronow.htm

Donzi on the right, Magnum on the left:

Old 02-26-2004, 09:10 AM
Registered

I really had no idea.....I'm going to get that book...anybody got a used copy to sell? Really sad looking at that pic and what it looks like today. I also had no idea about the no wake zone's and all they were talking about on the show......that stuff really changed everything.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:24 AM
Registered

gosh that story and seeing those pics in the link is really something else. Sad to see this happen. I had no idea how much Don has done for boating, more then I can ever imagine.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 97BossHammer
I really had no idea.....I'm going to get that book...anybody got a used copy to sell? Really sad looking at that pic and what it looks like today. I also had no idea about the no wake zone's and all they were talking about on the show......that stuff really changed everything.
The no-wake zones are a pain in the azz, but they are on the ICW, arent we talkin Offshore Boats????

I havent seen any No-Wake Zones Offshore!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I cant stand them, My boat is loud, but not that fast, it can get annoying even to me to be idling for an HOUR, and my boat is a little too small to be spendin much time offshore, unless conditions are perfect, so I choose to do most of my boating from Delray up North to Palm Beach, there are a few nice long spots where I can open it up for a good run.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:42 AM
Registered

No i'm saying on the show they stated that manatee laws, no wake zones, sound laws and all have chaged things a lot over the years.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 97BossHammer
No i'm saying on the show they stated that manatee laws, no wake zones, sound laws and all have chaged things a lot over the years.
Yes, I am sure it is not as open as it was years ago(Sonny Crockett runnin wide open in the ICW), but what I am saying is these boats are made to run offshore, so if we use common sense, and wait til we get out into open water to run em hard, all is fine. I have read more stories of people in other parts of the Country(Lakes) bein harassed for noise, than down here, I am sure there are a few neighborhoods, but for the most part people look and wave when they hear the loud exhaust. Yes we have Manatees(I agree they taste like chicken too), but to a certain extent we need to let them live, if they werent *****in save the manatees, they would be *****in loud exhaust, or anything else just for a reason to *****(I am sure we all know some of these people). So I say, let em keep their no-wake zones, and we will go have our fun where it's legal.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:04 AM
Registered

OSO sent me a DVD copy of the show when I renewed, Very good show.

I am in the middle of reading "Speed Kills" right now, so far it is very interesting.

Anybody know where I can get a copy of "The King of Thunderboat Row"?????
Old 02-26-2004, 11:51 AM
Registered

Anybody know where I can get a copy of "The King of Thunderboat Row"?????

I'm in on that also....seems to be the book of choice.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:10 PM
Registered

Corrado, he also said that they had hours worth of calls made by Ben that were very incriminating. I would love to actually hear these calls myself but that will never happen. I am sure that they would not have gone after him just on circumstancial information. There is probably more that they just didnt divulge for what ever reason, legal or time constraints. It would have been nice if they did give a little more info on the connection between the two and the homicide. It would clear up alot of the petty bickering back and forth.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:17 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Originally posted by Madcow
He started ALL of them. The best book I ever read on the man was "King Of Thunder Boat Row" writen by his son Michael.
I better get that book too.

Quick Reply: Don Aronow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.