Notices

Don Aronow

Old 02-26-2004, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many times did he sell a business and start another one across the street? would'nt you prohibit that from happening in a contract if YOU where a buying interest?
Old 02-26-2004, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by zzzzzz
How many times did he sell a business and start another one across the street? would'nt you prohibit that from happening in a contract if YOU where a buying interest?
They said Don was a smart Business man, I think the rest of them were smokin' something
Old 02-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 97BossHammer
who's Bobby?
Bobby Young plead to the murder of Aronow
Old 02-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Madcow
He started ALL of them. The best book I ever read on the man was "King Of Thunder Boat Row" writen by his son Michael.

Jim .... Isn't that the one with the most pictures !?!?!?!
Old 02-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Corrado
No one that knows anything will ever say anything.Trust me.

You remember them saying they had nothing to tie Ben to anything? Pure speculation and self incrimination at its best.

No one will ever know what happened. It made for an interesting story and book though.Maybe someone someday should write another story.

If I lend or give money to someone does that make me a target for criminal prosecution too?
They had phone conversations that were "incriminating". The detective did not go into much detail, but I assume that played a part in the plea deal.

I believe they also said that Bobby Young was going to testify against Kramer.

Like I said, I will have to watch it again, but I don't remember them saying they did not have enything to tie Kramer to the murder.

As a matter of fact the Detective was pretty confident that Kramer was behind it.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:19 PM
Registered

Originally posted by zzzzzz
Frome the book "Speed Kills":

"Nineteen sixty-nine was Don Aronow's year. Magnum's new owners specified that Aronow could not compete against them by setting up yet another new boat company, but Aronow got around that. Under the aegis of his friend Elton Cary, he built a 32 foot boat he called The Cigarette, named after a prohibition-era pirate ship- legendary around Sheepshead Bay-that hi-jacked bootleg liquor from rumrunners, then scooted away faster than enyone could catch it. The washington Post had written that "the idea of bad guys outracing other bad guys and seizing their fortune appealed to Aronow".

"Magnum sued him . Aronow settled , then opened his most famous company: Cigarette Racing Team. The name Cigarette would become synonymous with go-fast boats".

Last edited by Havasu Cig; 02-26-2004 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:05 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Havasu Cig
They had phone conversations that were "incriminating". The detective did not go into much detail, but I assume that played a part in the plea deal.

I believe they also said that Bobby Young was going to testify against Kramer.

Like I said, I will have to watch it again, but I don't remember them saying they did not have enything to tie Kramer to the murder.

As a matter of fact the Detective was pretty confident that Kramer was behind it.
Thats the way i understood it. Basically, it sounded like everyone knew that ben contracted bobby for the hit but they never had hard physical evidence to prove it. That was until the feds contacted the miami police and told them that Aronow was supposed to testify against kramer for money laundering charges. He was going to testify that kramer paid him for blue thunder with dirty money. The hit on Aronow happened a few days before he was supposed to testify.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:38 PM
Registered

I'm starting to understand this a little now, sounds like a real mess as is everything where drugs are involved. I'm going to buy the book and read it, very interesting.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Registered

Hey Corrado, do you own an Apache???
Old 02-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Either way he screwed the wrong person, and he got his pay backs. So is life in the world of Dirty business. sad but true.

Quick Reply: Don Aronow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.