AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Don Aronow

Aronow on A&E Right Now!!
Old 02-26-2004, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was really a good show....I still want to learn more about the whole history behind Aronow and Thunderboat Row. It must be something to see Thunderboat Row in person....after having seen what it once was.....and what it is now.

I didn't catch the first part of the show......I taped it. What all companies did Aronow have a part of....the one's I know are
Cig
Apache
Old 02-26-2004, 07:33 AM
Registered

Originally posted by 97BossHammer

I didn't catch the first part of the show......I taped it. What all companies did Aronow have a part of....the one's I know are
Cig
Apache
Formula
Magnum
Donzi
Old 02-26-2004, 07:44 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

That was really a good show....I still want to learn more about the whole history behind Aronow and Thunderboat Row. It must be something to see Thunderboat Row in person....after having seen what it once was.....and what it is now.

I agree with you 97Boss Hammer, I want to learn more too. I have on my "to do" list to get the book Speed Kills and read that. I thought the show was very good.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:45 AM
Registered

WOW...so he basically had his hands in a lot of them. I'm curious to know which one's he actually started. I guess I need to buy that book I've heard a lot of you guys talk about.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:52 AM
Registered

WOW...so he basically had his hands in a lot of them. I'm curious to know which one's he actually started. I guess I need to buy that book I've heard a lot of you guys talk about.
He started ALL of them. The best book I ever read on the man was "King Of Thunder Boat Row" writen by his son Michael.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:15 AM
Banned

Every Sunday, his son Michael comes to donzinet and answers questions.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great show, I watched it, and taped it.

I believe he started all of the companies, then sold them off, opened up shop across the street under a different name, and basically people wanted the name Aronow, so he got the business no matter what the Business name was. Best part was when he sold to Ben, and bought it back for less, a week later after the Gov. said they wouldnt deal with Ben, might have killed him, but otherwise was a great Business Man. I have never met Phil Lipschutz, but he looked a little emotional during the interviews, did anyone else notice this, or is he just normally like that?? I also liked at the end when they mentioned all of the names of other manufacturers, and said they are all derivatives of Cigarette!!!! Also was wondering if any OSO members, or their boats were on the show???
Old 02-26-2004, 08:21 AM
Registered

Look in the OSO news under 188st and we did a history of all the com panies and the street. It was a very popular thread and all members can see the pictures.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:23 AM
Registered

here is the link for you

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=41446

Quick Reply: Don Aronow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.