Notices

need a boat transported

Old 02-29-2004, 07:45 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm doing the move to FLA in a few months. All I can advise you on is make sure the guy does this for a business and not a side job. Have them provide you with their license and insurance papers. I noticed that this is the "$500.00" differnce in the quotes I recieved. I even had some tell me you "don't need" all this.

Well, it's all well and fine saving money until your boat gets dumped onto I-95 and the hauler skedattles leaving you with your insurance company, who you should notify in any event.

No offense to any OSO'rs, just IMHO.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:45 AM

Thanks for taking the time to talk about a SEA RAY
Attached Images  
Old 02-29-2004, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: boat Transport

Originally posted by Jake1250
Call Meyer Marine in Edgewater Maryland...number is in the book...Ask for Bob Meyer...Very proffesional and very safe. Takes the time to make all the proper precautions before making a long trip
I would also call Bob I have had some work done by him and also seen his work and he is with out a doubt the best in the area.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:52 AM
hugonb

Hey everyone,

This will not be a problem after April 1. Due to the fact that it is such a pain to get something shipped (Boat, Car, Motorcycle), my company, Internet Shipping Solutions created a new way to get your vehicle shipped. It is called www.shipmyride.com. It works just like other "Auction" type web sites. We are currently enrolling carriers from all over the country to join our network. All you need to do as a shipper of a car or boat is enter a shipping request. You put in where it is coming from, where it is going to, specifics about the vehicle (length, width, weight, trailer), and the carriers will BID on your shipment. You have the power to view bids from all carriers throughout the country, on-line.

You can sort by pickup/delivery/price/carrier rating, etc. All of our carriers will be required to be insured before they can gain access to it. I created this because I I am a boat nut and have bought and sold cars and boats through the internet and had to get them shipped to me. Calling these guys, getting crazy prices or rediculous pickup and delivery dates made me create a better way for all. Now shippers have a one-stop place, and carriers can get loads they would not normally get.

We are going to be advertizing here, as well as Ebay, Collector Car, Boat trader, etc. as soon as we open it up to shippers, but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Let me know your feedback and opinions

Thanks

Old 02-29-2004, 02:17 PM

That's cool but we want the boat down here sooner. Thanks for the info hugonb, I might ship a car down here too.
Old 02-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Registered

IS that Bob AKA (Captain Bob)? We had a guy named Capt Bob that wanted $3000 to go from Houston to W Palm and he lowered the price to $2300 when I said he was crazy....Same guy or different Bob?

Becca if you can't find no one to do it email me at [email protected] .....Click on my homepage to see some of our equipment. We are insured to $1,000,000 and move cruisers all teh time for Marine Max.
Old 02-29-2004, 04:12 PM
hugonb

105mph_38_2003,

If you are insured and have equipment, check out our site and become a carrier member. We are looking for good carriers throughout the country and it is a good deal for both shippers and carriers.

If you want any details, go to www.shipmyride.com or you can PM me.

Thanks

Old 02-29-2004, 04:17 PM
Registered

Do you mainly ship cars etc? Our min business is oilfield equipment, pipe, freight, and anything except househld goods...I only ship boats for a few members here that requests it. Not my main focus of business...I am going to look at your site and contact you next week sometime.

Thanks
Old 02-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: need a boat transported

Originally posted by Becca
Anyone have any ideas on getting a 30' Sundancer from NNY to Florida? Beam is 10'6"

Thanks in advance
I'm looking to get my 358 Sonic from Miami to NY so if you find someone that is looking to do a round trip let me know. W emight both be able to savea few bucks if we can find the right carrier.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:50 PM
Registered

try boathaul.com Im working with on my Viking and they seem to be reasonable

Quick Reply: need a boat transported

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.