Notices

Pick up bed covers

Old 03-01-2004, 01:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I have had the electric Pace Edwards on my truck for two years now without any problems. My racing partner has had one on his 99 F-350 since it was new without any problems. They are secure, convenient and weather tight. I personally would buy one again without hesitation.
Old 03-01-2004, 03:43 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I currently have a Roll-N-Lock cover on my pick-up. In two years it has taken more abuse than what I ever expected. I've dropped things on it. Its been hit with a bat. Hauled lumber and other things on it. Fork-Lift hit it. It has had a ROUGH LIFE. It still works EXACTLY like it is supposed too. Someone also tried to break into it. Hence, my aim was a little off with the bat. WELL WORTH the money I spent. It has out-lived my expectations. Excellent product.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:00 AM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a white Snug-top that came off my 2000 F-350 shortbed that I will sell cheap. I paid $600+ for it, will sell somewhere around $300. It's a little rough and in SoCal

G
Old 03-01-2004, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by Strip Poker 388
Do not buy a Gaylord cover . It took 4 months to get then to pay to repaint my cover . The guy in warranty Magill is a liar!!
Ahh yes, my good buddy Magill. It's nice to know I'm not the only one to have good experiences with him.

Buck
Old 03-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Registered

Roll and Locks work alright...have dealt with a few ..I have seen a couple that like to come unlocked and slide forward ...could have been operator error.

whatever you get don't forget to include a "Swingbox"
Attached Thumbnails Pick up bed covers-dodge5.jpg  
Old 03-01-2004, 05:32 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a Lear on my F350. Fits great , weather tight , came painted and matched perfectly , automotive style double arm hinge , no hole installation , $799
Old 03-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Registered

Snug Top makes the nicest stuff out there IMO. Not cheap, but well made and very clean looking.

I would be very hesitant with Leer, my uncle had a Leer on his 99 Dodge, and after a few years the thing was falling a part.

I have owned three Snug Top shells, and i will be ordering a fourth soon for the new truck.

http://www.snugtop.com/p_snuglid.htm
Old 03-01-2004, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I am a Leer dealer. Haven't seen the problems mentioned above. Have a funny feeling I won't either. It all boils down to the dealer. Just like any product. I know my customers have nothing to worry about where I'm concerned.

Buck
Old 03-01-2004, 10:34 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by buck183
Ahh yes, my good buddy Magill. It's nice to know I'm not the only one to have good experiences with him.

Buck
I talked to Magill's boss and complained about him lying to me . He said what difference does it make the ck is on the way.I even talked to Lisa Gaylord She said Magill does his job good . i guess he save's her money being paid out.? I think Magill's job is to wear down the costumers thinking he will say to the hell with it and give up .From what I hear this seems common for this Business. I bought it from Autobahn in Atlanta and talked to them for help ,Warranty non existent. they also have problems with Magill, they told me to talk to Lisa but be nice to her . Nice is what took me 4 months to get something done . Magill is a Liar. I wonder how much bad publicity out of one costumer will do any harm As much time I spend on the computer surfing sites . I can redirect some of my time doing as much damage as possible All the truck forums.

Buck I should have listened to you in the beginning and bought it locally. But I did not expect to have a problem out of a 1450.00 cover

GAYLORD

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

I have the undercover on my F-250, easy to install and easy to remove.
Attached Thumbnails Pick up bed covers-mvc-038s.jpg  

Quick Reply: Pick up bed covers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.