Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Oliver Sums It Up For Me in PRA Magazine >

Oliver Sums It Up For Me in PRA Magazine

Notices

Oliver Sums It Up For Me in PRA Magazine

Old 03-05-2004, 10:48 AM
WickedWon

Default Oliver Sums It Up For Me in PRA Magazine

Bob Oliver's interview in the new Poker Runs America magazine really hit home with my personal experience. The Apache hull while being slower actually lets you enjoy the speed vs the unconnected feel of the step bottoms i've owned or been in. People approach me after a hard run with questions ( and concerns) about the speeds we're running and it's hard to explain how totally settled and controlable the boat is. No I don't have the speed of some of these new rigs, but what I do have is really useable and actually more fun than speed with uncertainity. Mr. oliver is apparently a very candid guy who is not towing any company lines............refreshing

BTW when it comes to racing you gotta go where the speed is, when it comes to playing ( no safety support) I go where the fun, or less anxiety is, sometimes thats old obsolete V bottoms

Old 03-05-2004, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

uuuuuuuhhhhhhh ..... yer OLD ...... Beavis .....
Old 03-05-2004, 11:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Oliver Sums It Up For Me in PRA Magazine

Originally posted by WickedWon
Bob Oliver's interview in the new Poker Runs America magazine really hit home with my personal experience. The Apache hull while being slower actually lets you enjoy the speed vs the unconnected feel of the step bottoms i've owned or been in. People approach me after a hard run with questions ( and concerns) about the speeds we're running and it's hard to explain how totally settled and controlable the boat is. No I don't have the speed of some of these new rigs, but what I do have is really useable and actually more fun than speed with uncertainity. Mr. oliver is apparently a very candid guy who is not towing any company lines............refreshing

BTW when it comes to racing you gotta go where the speed is, when it comes to playing ( no safety support) I go where the fun, or less anxiety is, sometimes thats old obsolete V bottoms
Amen brother, Amen!!! We love our old, non-stepped, heavy, obsolete, safe, slow boat!!!

Now you'll really be doing something if you can get T2X to understand this!!
Attached Thumbnails Oliver Sums It Up For Me in PRA Magazine-bullet.cambridge1a.jpg  
Old 03-05-2004, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Jesse James
just keep the the fact that i fell a sleep on smoke on the down low

that is only the second boat I had ever been in over a hundred that did not require a firm grip to feel secure.......I think I remember taking pictures at 100 + of the mti cat.........
Hey Shane .... that didn't have anything to do with how late we stayed at Kirby's did it ?!??!?!?!!

BTW ... what was the "other" one ???

JM
Old 03-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LEOPAJM
[B]Hey Shane .... that didn't have anything to do with how late we stayed at Kirby's did it ?!??!?!?!!

You aren't going to post that pic of you all drunked up smilin like a burglar between two azzes again, are you? Jeeeeez , we might start thinking you don't go out much.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:37 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob Oliver is the nicest guy you'll ever meet. Here's Bob in the Apache. Damn I said it again.
Attached Thumbnails Oliver Sums It Up For Me in PRA Magazine-firewater_magazine.jpg