A few pics of our Skater plant tour today

Notices

A few pics of our Skater plant tour today

Old 03-07-2004, 04:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tour Pictures

Fowl
Really like your pictures of the tour.. As far as their 30 footer goes did they indicate how long its going to take to finish it and also is it already sold? I know that you mention the three year wait but thought that since its a brand new item it may not have a buyer as of yet. And yes, Im interested, dont think that I can come up with that much money for a Skater but who knows.. They have the rep for making the best cat on the market!!Only wish that I could have went with you people!!

eliminator219
Old 03-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I know they have orders for 5 more 399 V's.... the second one is nearing completion, the third one is in the mold, and the others are in the "planning" stages. They have also made their own mold for the V now. The old one is being sent back to Baja.

As for the 30 Cat, I'm not sure if the first one (pictured in the mold above) is sold yet. I saw the deck plug they were working on (not allowed to take a picture of it). It's gonna be a slick boat. Nothing like the 28 or the 32.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I belive that there are SEVERAL 30's already sold. I was told the first few would be flat deck canopy type boat. I think a hull and deck will start around 100 grand.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:30 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Ryan-The plug that I saw, was going to be a very traditional cut down boat. No canopies. Very nice lines to the boat. It'll be a winner.

Eliminator-The plug that we saw was to the 90% completion level. They'll proably have it done in a year.

Wet-It looked really good. The cockpit is very deep. The one that we saw getting rigged was one (if not) the first one with a cabin. We were told that they would not be rigging any more V-bottoms with a cabin. Guess it's just not something they are interested in.

Fred-they do EVERYTHING in house. The raw materials go in one door and ready to run boat goes out the other. The only service that they don't provide is engine building. They even build their own trailers!

Strip-yes it does have alot of filler. What skater does is, they offer a custom deck option. If the customer wants they will either cut the deck down or build a custom deck. Most of the decks were cut down. I find it amazing that somebody is willing to spend the money for a custom deck! I recally only seeing one stock deck there!
Old 03-08-2004, 08:30 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

The bilge of the new V-bottom. Very clean work. It looks like all the tabbing was smoothed and filled. Don't mind the darkness of the pic-that bilge was bright white and sparkely!
Attached Thumbnails A few pics of our Skater plant tour today-bulkhead.jpg  

Last edited by Cord; 03-08-2004 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:34 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I had a better pic than this, but a board glitch isn't allowing me to post it. Anyways, the yellow stuff is the Kevlar. All the boats receive kevlar tabbing. The standard layup is with S-glass. We saw several boats receiving carbon fiber.
Attached Thumbnails A few pics of our Skater plant tour today-bulkhead-1.jpg  

Last edited by Cord; 03-08-2004 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:35 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Ok, got the pic up. See how they reinforce the bulkhead cut with kevlar? The blackness is the carbon fiber.
Attached Thumbnails A few pics of our Skater plant tour today-bulkhead.jpg  

Last edited by Cord; 03-08-2004 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

This is the helm of the new V-bottom.
Attached Thumbnails A few pics of our Skater plant tour today-skater-plant.jpg  

Last edited by Cord; 03-08-2004 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

OSO sticker on the Drambuie boat!
Attached Thumbnails A few pics of our Skater plant tour today-oso-sticker-race-boat-trailer.jpg  

Last edited by Cord; 03-08-2004 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:37 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Row of iron! These were a mix of Richie Zul and Sterling motors! Proably close to 1 million in engines right here!
Attached Thumbnails A few pics of our Skater plant tour today-richie-zul-motor.jpg  

Last edited by Cord; 03-08-2004 at 08:42 AM.

Quick Reply: A few pics of our Skater plant tour today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.