Tiki Bar Openning... Solomon's Island, MD

Notices

Tiki Bar Openning... Solomon's Island, MD

Old 03-07-2004, 08:45 PM
DJD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So where is this place?
Though I won't make the opening party but I will be running my 42 sport fish up the East Coast in May & ya never know where we might end up
Is the tiki bar up the Chesapeake Bay or along the eastern MD coast?
Old 03-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Brain my mom talked to the owner last week and they will be open this summer. That place is always for sale I guess somethings never change.

DJD the Tiki Bar is located in Solomons Island Maryland. About a ten minute ride in from the bay on the Patuxent River.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the date guys. I've lived near Annapolis for almost 20 years, been drinking for ... well..... 20+ years, (no the math doesn't legally work) and have never made it there either!! It happens so early in the season, what I usually hear is "oh yea, it was last weekend!".....But I have always heard --- don't plan on leaving by boat that night or early morn, cause the DNR have a large presence and are usually quite bored.........nothing to do but "check you out"........
Sorry to hear you have to raft up so early.......
Old 03-08-2004, 07:50 AM
Registered

Bill and I went to the opening in the Sonic two years ago and tied up to a 42 Fountain. You do have to get there early and it is a madhouse. We went Labor Day weekend in the Black Thunder last year and at noon we were the first ones tied up (that was a shock). We probably won't make it this year as we will be too busy getting the Cobb Island house fixed up.

Those that go, have a great time and be safe.

P&B
Old 03-08-2004, 08:00 AM
Registered

Default Re: Tiki Bar Openning... Solomon's Island, MD

Originally posted by Sydwayz

They were chatting it up on DC101 the other day, and someone called in with a rumor the place was about to be sold, and more than likely, not re-open.

Late last summer I was talking to the owner about whether he was selling. Back then he told me selling depended on him being able to retain a certain percentage of the proceeds from the new owner and that this was the only way he would sell. This would suggest that the bar would have to remain in business even after he sold. He broke down all the numbers for me in pretty good detail but I'm not going to post them here.

Late last year he took back operation of the motel. He owns the motel but he had been renting it to the Koean Woman who owns China Harbor Restaurant. She had been operating it.

That's the latest info I have.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Registered

Craig, I went to the opening last year and the weather was cold, windy and rain. I have to agree with you .... RED DRINK BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!
Old 03-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Registered

Default Re: Re: Tiki Bar Openning... Solomon's Island, MD

Originally posted by 29 OUTLAW
Late last summer I was talking to the owner about whether he was selling. Back then he told me selling depended on him being able to retain a certain percentage of the proceeds from the new owner and that this was the only way he would sell. This would suggest that the bar would have to remain in business even after he sold. He broke down all the numbers for me in pretty good detail but I'm not going to post them here.

Late last year he took back operation of the motel. He owns the motel but he had been renting it to the Koean Woman who owns China Harbor Restaurant. She had been operating it.

That's the latest info I have.
John you are still around!!!!! Mark and I wondered what happened to you. How you been buddy.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:43 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I've n ever been there, A buddy of mine has a slip for the 4th of July, is their anything going on then, would it be worth the trip.

Eddie
Old 03-09-2004, 07:07 AM
Registered

Default Re: Re: Re: Tiki Bar Openning... Solomon's Island, MD

Originally posted by VelocityMike
John you are still around!!!!! Mark and I wondered what happened to you. How you been buddy.
Yea man - still around. I won't be there for the opening night but I will probably be there Saturday afternoon when lots of you guys are still sleeping it off. I'll look for you.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally posted by fastedy
I've n ever been there, A buddy of mine has a slip for the 4th of July, is their anything going on then, would it be worth the trip.

Eddie
Hey Eddie,

The Tiki Bar / Solomon's is fun anytime. Let me know if you will be coming up during the summer.

Personally I don't care for big mob scenes like the season opener.

Dave M.

Quick Reply: Tiki Bar Openning... Solomon's Island, MD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.