(Comedy) Best Boat Ramp Story??

Notices

(Comedy) Best Boat Ramp Story??

Old 03-06-2004, 05:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default (Comedy) Best Boat Ramp Story??

Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen happen at a boat ramp??
Attached Thumbnails (Comedy) Best Boat Ramp Story??-ramp-follies.jpg  

Last edited by blownincome; 03-06-2004 at 06:12 AM.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

had a 23 CC fish boat and forgot to take off the tie straps didn't know a trailer could float my friend was like , eric, you forgot to put the plug in!! and i knew i put it in. can you say dumbass!!!! here is a pic the old gal
Attached Thumbnails (Comedy) Best Boat Ramp Story??-boat.jpg  
Old 03-06-2004, 07:53 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Watched a guy trying to pull his 16 ft jon boat out with a f350 ford! Couldn't do it so I hooked up to him and the boat with my VW bug and pulled them both out!!

That oughta stir up some true blue blood!!! Troutly....you out there?
Old 03-06-2004, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL -I'd rather been the guy in the Ford than been seen in a VW.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:10 AM
JAIME STAR

a guy all big and bad ass with a beer and cigarrette yelling at at his old lady to put the boat on the trailer. the trailer had one of them automatic locking devices to grab the boat ring which was not working. he kept yelling , "again!, get on the gas, hit it harder!" His head was about two feet from the ring when she gave it gas, the boat went up and over, crashed the glass on the Suburban then back into the water. she got out crying and walked away. there was about thirty people standing around rollin.

Old 03-06-2004, 09:22 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Originally posted by outlawinil
LOL -I'd rather been the guy in the Ford than been seen in a VW.
I hope you know that was a ficticious story!! Just tryin' to get a reaction from our blue oval boys!!
Old 03-06-2004, 11:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Was At Liberty landing Post SBI race two years ago and the tide was not cooperating so we(me and about 30 other boats were all in standby waiting to load. this woman in a 19 foot open bow was in the main ramp sitting there .. and there were 10 or so trucks waiting to load.. I slid in along side and asked if we could help tie her off to the dock she replied .NO! Im waiting for my husband and no one touches this boat but him!!! we (me and about 8 other want to loads explained she was blocking progress..no change !her husband then passed all the people waiting to load and cut in line The rest was not pretty !! I think or I hope he now knows launch/load edict she ended up tyeing off to the dock and he went to the end of the line..should be a lesson they teach when Dealers sell boats.. not for the rest of us to have to teach.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a 42' Fountain being launched behind a Hummer. He didn't actually do anything wrong, I just noticed he had a hollow "Walmart special" hitch slid in his receiver good for maybe 5000 max and then when he pulled over to the dock to pick up his passenger he hung out 2-6" fenders to protect his boat.
Old 03-06-2004, 05:52 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Money....no brains!!
Old 03-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well... once while at the dock in Marina Del Rey... there was a boat load of Vietnamese fishermen in a little 18 foot closed cabin boat...the boat was probably about 30 years old with a poorly running outboard... they headed to the dock.... one guy jumped off with a 1/4" half rotted poly rope... he quickly wrapped it around a dock cleat and tried to stop the boat that was still moving about 10 mph... the rope instantly broke... leaving the guy on the dock holding the broken end looking at his little buddies and the broken end, soon they are drifting toward the ramp... I'm walking by and hear this chattering noise coming out from under the cabin, the sound is one of the Viets screaming...... Oh... Prease stop my boat... prease stop my boat.... before it hit the dock I grabbed the railing and stopped it... everyone standing there was practically wetting their pants at the comedy of errors these idiots had created...

Last edited by Reed Jensen; 03-06-2004 at 09:36 PM.

Quick Reply: (Comedy) Best Boat Ramp Story??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.