Cougar England/Brownie

Old 03-11-2004, 07:31 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by tc-outlaw
anyone know of any other 28 cats forsale other than the below

http://nationalpowerboat.com/boats/28-cat.html
What's the matter??? Not secure enough in your masculinity to pilot a pink and teal boat

Gotta love the Miami Vice influence
Old 03-11-2004, 07:36 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, and 27K????????
Attached Thumbnails Cougar England/Brownie-wtfareyousmoking.jpg  
Old 03-11-2004, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That pink and teal is outa hand!!!! but I do like the lines.. And if you could find the right one it would be a fun ride
Old 03-11-2004, 10:29 PM
Registered

A wooden 38'
Old 03-11-2004, 10:31 PM
Registered

One more picture
Old 03-11-2004, 10:32 PM
Registered

46' v bottom in aluminum
Old 03-11-2004, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

there is a allwhite 41' vee that showed up in my area that nobody really knows anything about. it was left at a motel along interstate 80 in davenport, iowa and the police had a local boat dealer pick it up. it is just sitting in their yard with the serial numbers ground off. the boat has #5's from what i was told with no engines or interior. does anyone know anything about this boat
Old 03-12-2004, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As to the Li'l Fayva Shoes crash, that boat was built for Rocky Aoki, as was the larger Fayva Shoes 38'. Rocky had just effed himself up for the [insert number here] time. Both were treewood. It was built like a hydroplane, and weighed about the same. Clive (James had died of luekemia at this point) made Michel promise never to run the boat in the ocean before he approved the sale to Michel. We installed the very first set of Arneson drives on the little Fayva. In fact, during the installation, I took Howard Arneson for his very first catamaran ride in my Flight Marine fish boat. Anyway, the Li'l Fayva ran 126 mph, when the next fastest open boat was about a hundred. I think the race was still called the "Sam Griffith Memorial" (senior moment) at Fort Lauderdale and it was flatter than a pisspot. Michel decided to run the little boat. I launched it for him at Cougar on 188th, and rang up Clive in England, which swings like a pendulum do... Clive said, and I quote "If you let them run that boat in the lightest ocean swell, the boat will end up in the dumpster (not a shadow cat) and Michel and Bob will be dead!".

Michel said "Fook heem, I am the Champion of the World, and I will do whatever I want!. The mer is as smoooooth as a chambre pot". They had mechanical difficulties, and started dead (?) last. They caught and passed the entire fleet in minutes, and pulled up along side Arneson's Cougar treewood 38' which was leading at that point. In a terrific twist of fate, our cameraman, Brian Kreiske, was over them in a chopper. He was such a good photographer that, during the crash, he never let them out of the frame. Li'l Fayva magically transformed into an acre of orange plywood in 1 unbelievable second Thanks to our cameraman, about a hundred million people got a firsthand look at our engineering capability.

They were OK. Michel got pitched a couple of hundred yards. He was on the outside of the arc when the port side collapsed. Bobby Idoni was in the center of the spin, and was still sitting where the seat used to be!

Lots of the pieces were tethered together by wires and hoses and such, and I towed the whole mess a couple of miles to the beach. There was still one engine and drive intact. It was at that point that we decided to only build raceboats out of materials with a specific gravity of 1+, so that at least, it would have the courtesy to sink.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:11 AM
Registered

Then there was this guy named T2x, no one knew his real name...he was a phantom of sorts. At some point in time he disappeared into obscurity (and obsolescence) only to re-appear years later when this new boating phenominon OSO appeared on the scene. Always trying to appear to be the human history book of offshore, some wiser and more perceptive users of this new medium quickly realized that in his state of "old timers disease" he was frequently deferring to or being corrected by a more brightly shining star known as DARRENUS1
Old 03-12-2004, 10:37 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by BROWNIE
As to the Li'l Fayva Shoes crash, that boat was built for Rocky Aoki, as was the larger Fayva Shoes 38'. Rocky had just effed himself up for the [insert number here] time. Both were treewood. It was built like a hydroplane, and weighed about the same. Clive (James had died of luekemia at this point) made Michel promise never to run the boat in the ocean before he approved the sale to Michel. We installed the very first set of Arneson drives on the little Fayva. In fact, during the installation, I took Howard Arneson for his very first catamaran ride in my Flight Marine fish boat. Anyway, the Li'l Fayva ran 126 mph, when the next fastest open boat was about a hundred. I think the race was still called the "Sam Griffith Memorial" (senior moment) at Fort Lauderdale and it was flatter than a pisspot. Michel decided to run the little boat. I launched it for him at Cougar on 188th, and rang up Clive in England, which swings like a pendulum do... Clive said, and I quote "If you let them run that boat in the lightest ocean swell, the boat will end up in the dumpster (not a shadow cat) and Michel and Bob will be dead!".

Michel said "Fook heem, I am the Champion of the World, and I will do whatever I want!. The mer is as smoooooth as a chambre pot". They had mechanical difficulties, and started dead (?) last. They caught and passed the entire fleet in minutes, and pulled up along side Arneson's Cougar treewood 38' which was leading at that point. In a terrific twist of fate, our cameraman, Brian Kreiske, was over them in a chopper. He was such a good photographer that, during the crash, he never let them out of the frame. Li'l Fayva magically transformed into an acre of orange plywood in 1 unbelievable second Thanks to our cameraman, about a hundred million people got a firsthand look at our engineering capability.

They were OK. Michel got pitched a couple of hundred yards. He was on the outside of the arc when the port side collapsed. Bobby Idoni was in the center of the spin, and was still sitting where the seat used to be!

Lots of the pieces were tethered together by wires and hoses and such, and I towed the whole mess a couple of miles to the beach. There was still one engine and drive intact. It was at that point that we decided to only build raceboats out of materials with a specific gravity of 1+, so that at least, it would have the courtesy to sink.
Thanks Brownie..... Now will you tell us about your days with Mother Teresa?

T2x

Quick Reply: Cougar England/Brownie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.