Notices

Aronow used steps ...

Old 03-11-2004, 04:51 PM
LPA2106

Default Aronow used steps ...

...definately knew what he was doing and where he was going!
Attached Thumbnails Aronow used steps ...-1_g.jpg  

Old 03-11-2004, 04:59 PM
LPA2106

best I could tell this was a mid 1970's boat...I think Reggie had a pad back then....Wellcraft in 1979 put a step on the 28' Nova ST....but it didn't catch on till later...

Old 03-11-2004, 05:01 PM
LPA2106

...called a buddie who is into Aronows and he said the back step on his stepped Aromows were smaller steps than today and they didn't catch on ...was the "Aronow" his last boat before he died?

Old 03-11-2004, 05:04 PM
LPA2106

drives on this Aronow
Attached Thumbnails Aronow used steps ...-25_g.jpg  

Old 03-11-2004, 05:05 PM
LPA2106

Aronow cockpit
Attached Thumbnails Aronow used steps ...-13_g.jpg  

Old 03-11-2004, 05:06 PM
LPA2106

...the "Don" liked his motors...in the Aronow
Attached Thumbnails Aronow used steps ...-boat09.jpg  

Old 03-11-2004, 05:10 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by LPA2106
best I could tell this was a mid 1970's boat...I think Reggie had a pad back then....Wellcraft in 1979 put a step on the 28' Nova ST....but it didn't catch on till later...
Aronow's were built in the late 80's...and I think were just getting started ...when he died.

T2x
Old 03-11-2004, 07:02 PM
LPA2106

true...but they were built from his designs according to my Aronow buddie who met the folks at his company

Old 03-11-2004, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Micheal Peters patented the first ventilated-stepped bottom boat in the US back in 1980.

The following is copy from www.MPYD.net

In 1981 Michael Peters Yacht Design was established in Sarasota, Florida, offering yacht design to the boating industry along with custom raceboat construction. Spanning twenty years, MPYD raceboats have earned 5 UIM World Championships, 12 World Records, 21 National Championships, and over 100 International Class 1 wins. As a result of these world wide successes, Michael Peters was honored with the E.C. Kiekhaefer Memorial Award for technical advancement and innovation in the field of offshore powerboat racing. More recently, the MPYD-designed Tencara 43’ “Jolly Motor” and “Spirit of Norway” won the 1997 and 1998 World Championships respectively. MPYD raceboats won 7 of 9 races in 1999 along with establishing new world records for course average of 139 MPH and a pole-position speed of 161 MPH. In 2000, MPYD completed a clean sweep, winning all 9 events in addition to all 9 time trials.

E.C. Kiekhaefer Memorial Award

In recent years, emphasis has shifted from high-speed hulls and racing craft toward the complete design and engineering of production boats and large luxury yachts. The 117’ “Lady Tiffany” is a reflection of these efforts, which received the Showboats Award for Most Innovative Motor Yacht of 1995, and was honored as finalist for the 1996 Superyachts Awards. The 71’ Motoryacht “Plumduff” received the 1996 Showboats Award and became a finalist for the 1997 Superyachts Awards.

"Plum Duff"
"Lady Tiffany"

Since 1981, over 20,000 boats have been built to the over 200 designs produced by Michael Peters Yacht Design. Specializing in advanced hull designs, we have developed sea-kindly 20 knot motoryachts, 175 MPH raceboats, and everything in between. We also have experience in all types of construction, having built projects in wood, aluminum, FRP and advanced carbon/honeycomb composites. Combined with our unique styling and design with a thorough knowledge of hull forms and propulsive and structural engineering, we have become one of the most diversified yacht design offices of our time. Members of our current staff hold degrees in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering and Yacht Design.

In 1980, Michael Peters patented his self-constructed ventilated stepped-bottom boat. Based upon this early foundation, Michael Peters Yacht Design continues to seek and define the ultimate balance of engineering, performance, style, and strength.

(circa 1977)
Patent #4,231,314

Welcome to Michael Peters Yacht Design.

Pretty amazing to think what this man has accomplished in offshore powerboat development throughout the world. Micheal is also the designer of the Tencara Cat which, originally was Jolly Motor, broke the 200 MPH mark. Congratulations again to Callan Marine and the often forgotten, but never duplicated, Micheal Peters.

Whirlygig
Old 03-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None of the pics transfered to my post above so I thought I would add this pics for history's sake.
Attached Thumbnails Aronow used steps ...-micheal-peters-stepped-boat.jpg  

Quick Reply: Aronow used steps ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.