I'm now a Cigarette Owner! >

I'm now a Cigarette Owner!

Notices

I'm now a Cigarette Owner!

Old 03-12-2004, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks for all the positive responces!

I did buy the boat from Canada (near Toronto) and did a trade deal with my 20 Outlaw. I towed it up there from So Cal and then towed the Cig back. So, GLH, I didn't get lost, just covered a lot of ground!

Made it out there in about 45 hours (over 2400 miles) and back in 72 hours but stopped in OK City Monday night and got a room. Also had about a 5 hours hold up in Amarillo to fix broken spring hangers on the trailer.

Trout, the photo doesn't due the snow fall justice! I grew up in VT so I know what a blizzard looks like. It was snowing so hard we had to go about 35 mph because the wind was blowing the snow directly at us we couldn't see the road.

Bob, your 29 Outlaw is still an awsome boat! Once the weather breaks I don't think you should have too much trouble selling it.

The boat is a '73 with '96 5.7's and Alphas. The motors and drives were rebuilt last summer and have only 5 hours on them. They are basically stock (for now) with 265 HP each and the boat will run about 60. Planning out future mods now and would like to bump up to around 400 HP (I'm a hot rod guy so I can't leave anything alone!). The interior has been redone as well. I'll post more photos after I clean it up a bit.

This boat was advertised in the OSO classifieds and I didn't consider it at first because of the open design. I had never seen one before and didn't know anything about them. But the more I looked at it the more I liked the idea. It is a perfect boat for Havasu with a ton of room for dancing hotties and I can run it to Catalina too. I have a buddy who works for Boeing in the composites department and he can make me a cockpit cover for the front out of carbon fiber. It will be a hard cover like the ones on the back of pickup trucks. It will attach with clips for easy removal and have a built in fairing. I can run it in the ocean and then remove it for the lakes.

Open72 and Damndonzi, do you have photos of yours? I've never seen another one beside mine.

-Al

PS: Big red One avatar coming soon!
Attached Thumbnails I'm now a Cigarette Owner!-122-2230_img.jpg  

Last edited by Baja Fresh; 03-12-2004 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:17 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice Avatar BF!
Old 03-12-2004, 09:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new ride. I must have looked at that boat 100 times when it was in the OSO classifieds. Exchanged a few e-mails with the previous owner, too, but obviously never did anything further.
Good luck with it. There's a guy near me with a similar updated 28 open that I've seen up close a few times, and it looks awesome.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice!!!!
Old 03-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations!! You'll have to get that out for some SCOPE runs this summer!!
Old 03-12-2004, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats, my old 28 is still going strong.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice enjoy it.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Best lookin open I have ever seen.

Good luck with it, welcome to the family.

L.S.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

You are going to love it. I'll PM you some more info.
The interior job that guy did in your boat is top notch.

The idea you have for the carbon fiber cover mirrors almost exactly the way they used to make them. There was a separate cover that went over the benches for when you were running with nobody in front. Go to www.thunderboatalley.com for original pics/specs. Lots of great stuff there.

This is my 73 open -or what we are working toward again this Spring. Had a little theft incident before Christmas. They left the boat, but took everything else!
Attached Thumbnails I'm now a Cigarette Owner!-ss7.jpg  
Old 03-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

i have a sunbrella blue cover that i am not going to use for the front section if someone needs 1.

http://www.thunderboatalley.com/gall...2/Cigarette_28 . here is the factory flyer from seans
www.thunderboatalley.com

Last edited by open87; 03-12-2004 at 12:53 PM.

Quick Reply: I'm now a Cigarette Owner!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.