Kids and dirtbikes question >

Kids and dirtbikes question

Notices

Kids and dirtbikes question

Old 03-12-2004, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by cbdragon
He runs A or B 125 on his Yamaha 250F. He faster than he looks. Rides like he's not moving passing others who are over working or over trying. I CLOSE MY EYES WHEN IT'S THE 1-2 BATTLE. Maybe I peek a little. Thanks, Craig
SMOOTH is FAST in motox. Remember Jean Michel Bayle? That guy was so smooth it was SICK! He could run a season on a clutch when most others only lasted a race or two.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

d-hlaw, I have 3 boys 7,9 and 12. They have been riding since they could ride a bicycle's. Do I thing there to young to ride NO just teach them to respect the power, Same thing was going on with them had to keep telling them to slow down, my middle one got shaking up last year when he went off a jump and the landing didnt go so well, make a long story short he never forgot it and made him a much better rider. Here they are ready to terrorize the hood.
Attached Thumbnails Kids and dirtbikes question-mvc-004f.jpg  
Old 03-12-2004, 08:50 AM
Registered

FULL RIDING GEAR IS A MUST!
Old 03-12-2004, 09:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally posted by Shane
Brett,

That is AWESOME! All of us past and present MX racers know that when you got the bug, it's in your blood! I think you are doing him a HUGE service because you are letting learn his boundaries and that sometimes you do fall off, but you have to pick YOURSELF up, brush it off, SUCK IT UP, and get right back on. In this there are MORE life lessons than one can easily comprehend. Not until I was older did I truly realize how much I learned in the process. So many people today "fall off" and expect others to run to their aid. This teaches him not only dexterity, motor skills, but larger "life" lessons as well. I started about 3 or 4 as well.

Oh, BTW he is ADORABLE and thank god he looks NOTHING like that Kreimeier guy.
Watch it Shane!!!
Brett, like I said, I'll have my 5 year old daughter teach him
Attached Thumbnails Kids and dirtbikes question-p3300001.jpg  
Old 03-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Shane
FULL RIDING GEAR IS A MUST!
I don't have kids but have been involved with motorcycles all my life. I think people who get their kids started at a young age and teach them the proper ways, in the long run, reap the benefits of that. Teaching him to wear all his riding gear and operate things properly will pay off big in the future.

I see to many people who have never had motorcycles until they are 22 years old and then they go out and buy a Hayabusa and think they can handle it properly, and without the proper gear. I still feel that anyone who did not start out learning on a dirt bike doesn't have any business on a street bike, too many variables for a beginner.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Registered

NO FEAR!!!! Take the training wheels off so he can steer better. Let him go and let him learn. Thats how I did it and I was up to 50ft triples at 16. Teach him the table top, can can, BACK FLIP!!!!! He will learn his limits, he is pushing them just like he pushes you. It is all the same. Have fun with it, keep reminding him that pain hurts...but it is something you don't remember. I have broken both arms, one twice, fractured my back, scapula, back surgury, colar bone and I still bench 250 and squat 375...three times a week. Its all good. Just don't let your wife see the back flip. Also, get him to the track, thats where there are no trees and places to bail out. I was passed by a 16 year old last year because I HAVE FEAR I am 40
Old 03-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First a few laps around the yard, then the next thing you know.............
Attached Images  
Old 03-12-2004, 03:57 PM
Registered

I started my son riding at 3 with a PW50 and a LEM 50 quad. My wife thought I was nuts. He's now seven and has finally learned the limits, I hope. The quad sat around for along while and now my daughter 3, rides it all the time. My son rode as fast as the govenor would allow, until he got older and waded up hard, they have no fear at these young ages, and have no sense of speed. You can tell them to slow down a thousand times and a hour later they are pushing the limits again. It sure is cool to ride with him now that he is alittle older, especially now that he can somewhat keep up with me. Let him go, and keep him safe. The experience he will gain by starting young will make it alot more fun for you later.

Now we build his motors and set new limits. He needs the power to get up the hills, but the top end still scares the crap out of me.

Jeff
Old 03-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hate to be a party pooper , but if this kid is seriously injured (or worse), you gotta live with it. You make the decision.
My son's 25 and had his first gas powered vehicle at 6 or 7(a go cart). He managed to rear end my neighbors ElCamino Luckily unhurt.
Kids have no fear , nor do they anticipate what can happen before they do it.
That's why you have to be the parent. It's not always a nice job but somebodies gotta do it.
You can't protect them from everthing but lets not put a loaded gun in their hand either.
No offense , just my opinion
Old 03-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I am going to have a talk with him tonight...... I just hope he come s home soon. He took a 5 year old girl down the street for a ride in the Top Gun. The waves are about 4 foot so I hope he or she doesnt fall out.......
Attached Thumbnails Kids and dirtbikes question-cigseth.jpg  

Quick Reply: Kids and dirtbikes question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.