Notices

OFFSHORE Welcome letter

Old 03-12-2004, 01:57 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up OFFSHORE Welcome letter

For those that don't get APBA correspondence, here is a Letter from the officials...
================
To all the Teams, Producers, Fans and Sponsors,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of you for your support over the years. I have been asked by Bob Bull to take the helm of this great organization; in doing so there is one key factor, I cannot do this alone.

The APBA National Staff has over 300 years of experience in boat racing event management, as it has been said over and over again there is no better group than these dedicated individuals. I would like to introduce them to you at this time, and thank them for stepping up and assisting me in this endeavor.

The APBA Offshore Racing Association National Staff
Jim Poplin, President
Mark Skrzypek, Director Television and Sponsorship Fulfillment
Michelle May-Schmidt, Director of Communications – Media and Marketing
Steve David, Chief Referee
Paul Abreu, Chief Inspector
Dee Kimes, Chief Registrar/Scorer
David Thompson, Operations Director
Clay Ingle, Safety Director
Bobby Farr, Risk Management Director

SPONSORSHIP FULFILLMENT
Tony Dacoba,
REGISTRATION
Kris Sorrentino, Assistant
STARTERS
Don Dinger, Chief
Jim Koert, Assistant
TECHNICAL INSPECTORS
Van Depiero
Bob Owens
Lenny Hill
Terry Hill
Joe Sorrentino
Gene Stephens

STARS RESCUE DIVE TEAM
Bobby Brinkley
Jeff Graham
Jack Horner
Buddy Kamin
David Thompson Jr.
Jack Thompson
Robert Thompson
Amy Walker, Medical Data

CHAPLIN
Jim Black

>From Steve David, Chief Referee

"We welcome you back to APBA Offshore. For over 100 years, APBA has survived thru thick and thin. We've survived because at our core, we have people like you. Good sponsors, good racers, good people with a common purpose to have fun, compete fairly, and at the end of the day, to recognize that our success is a mutual endeavor.

Everyone here, in one form or another is a volunteer. You don't have to do this, but you choose to be involved in offshore racing. It's our goal to make that choice a rewarding choice, and one in which as you look back over the years, you'll remember them as joyful, and as a source of friendships made that will endure the test of time.

We will enjoy the successes together, and somehow overcome the losses together as well. So long as each of us individually puts our best on the line, both in thought and deed, we're going to be fine."

>From Clay Ingle, National Safety Director

To Every Racer, Race Team Crew member, and Racing family, I am eagerly looking forward to one of the most exciting years in APBA Offshore Racing history. This year is building up to be a season of unprecedented support coming from the APBA National Staff, and from the Professional Offshore Racers themselves.

As Safety Director, as well as a fan, I am looking forward to working with each race team to help keep the sport as safe as possible. I want to welcome each race team, old and new, and to let them know that the STARS Rescue Team will continue to be ready to assist in any way possible. Be it working with the individual team to make sure their race boat is safe and ready to race, working with the teams on self rescue with the Dunker or Swim Class, to finding new and innovated ways to improve safety in racing for everyone, the Stars Team will be there for you.

In closing, I just want to invite everyone to feel free to contact us with any questions, be it in the pits, or by phone or e-mail before a race, so that we can assist you in competing in one of the most exciting sports in the world, and with APBA Offshore Racing.

>From Jim Black, Racing Performance Ministries

Offshore powerboat racing is a sport that is both challenging and changing in many ways. The water, wind and the waves off some of the most beautiful beaches in the world are a challenge. The ability to set up the boat for a fast and safe performance on water, wind and waves will certainly test experience, knowledge and team work. I am thankful for each that faces the test, take the challenges and adjust to do their best in the changes.

I am privileged to be associated with this offshore racing family. My family has been blessed to meet some wonderful people. I look forward to our time together.

>From Dee Kimes, Chief Registrar/Scorer

I would like to welcome all the racers and associated to our new APBA Offshore Racing Association, and the 2004 season. The staff and I are looking forward to seeing you, your families and friends at all of our sanctioned races.

This season I will not only register you and score at the national sites but also will be helping out in some Divisional races like our first race in St. Cloud, Florida. As you may or may not know, I have been dedicated to the sport and APBA offshore since the early 80's. I feel we are the most professional staff out there today and are dedicated to great racing, safety first and professionalism for you, our racers.

APBA offshore is the only circuit sanctioned by the UIM in the United States. This means when you set a record, win a race or championship, you are in the record books forever. This great benefit is one of my top reasons is not only to insure you are scored properly, but to be help do my part to insure the integrity of all of our APBA sanctioned events.

My phone lines and email are always open to you, and, as in the past, I am always available to answer any of your questions and help you in anyway I can, to the very best of my ability. I am really looking forward to working for you in 2004.

Let's make it a great year together. See You Soon!

>From David Thompson, Operations Director

I would like to personally thank everyone in our APBA Offshore Family for racing with us in this circuit. I pledge my support to you, our teams, as well as our Producers, Sponsors and Volunteers.

I will do my best to help your team at every site we have, and do what I can to make sure you have what you need when you arrive. Please feel free to contact me via email or phone if you have a problem or special need, and together, we will make this the best season ever. The only way to make our show work is to do it as a team, with the most professionalism we can provide.

I look forward to seeing you soon and providing you with everything we can as part of the benefits of membership in the APBA Offshore Racing Association.

In Summary – From Jim Poplin
To all those who attended the Orlando meeting, you heard me promise that my team, and this organization will work hard to earn your trust through complete honesty in our relationship with you, our racers, as well as our fans, and sponsors.

We are here to work for you.

Do not hesitate to contact any of our National Team when you have questions or need assistance in any matter. All of our Contact Information is located on the Contact Us section of our website at www.apbaoffshoreracing.com.

Thanks again to each and every one of you for your continued support. I know that 2004 will be a building year, but through hard word, persistence and above all, honesty, we will make it one of the most reward-able ever.

Jim Poplin
President
APBA Offshore Racing Association