Whats up at the Hustler Plant >

Whats up at the Hustler Plant

Notices

Whats up at the Hustler Plant

Old 03-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats up at the Hustler Plant

What’ up with the hustler plant, I was in Long Island today visiting family, Turns out the plant was only 15 Min. away, I phoned at about 9:00 AM, Looking to go out and get some shirts, Jackets, Stickers and basically see the facility that built the boat I proudly own. I was abruptly denied directions to the facility and told someone would have to call me Re: coming to the facility, Now at 12:10, With my cousin on our way to lunch, says he knows the road, and we could stop on our way out, we phone for clearer directions, I was abruptly ask if anyone had called me stating I could stop buy, With my no response, I was told to hold, Then told there was no time to show me around for a plant tour, And her husband had to leave for an appointment within minutes and I could not see the plant,( Which I never ask for) Then I ask about shirts, Jackets Ect. And was told there were none, and if I wanted a sticker I could make an appointment to come to the facility some other time. (I live in Florida)

Well, Now I really don’t want there sticker on my Truck and maybe should not be really proud of the boat I own, As a personal friend Of Terry Sobo W/ Nor-tech , Jay Pelini W/ Spectre and Pat with Active Thunder I have never seen a customer treated so poorly, Black thunder, Outerlimits and Cigarette have always welcomed us fellow powerboaters With courtesy, Maybe its time to Dump the Hustler and support those whom contribute to the sport we love… Just my thoughts, Would love to know if this was an isolated incident or has the reputation the Fiore’s developed left with them..

Doug Biddle
Triple Play
OPBA / FPC Member
Old 03-12-2004, 05:03 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

I would have shown up anyway and thanked them in person for their top notch customer service ethic...how pathetic
Old 03-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats too bad. I stopped in at Cigarette unannounced one time. My girlfriend and I got the grand tour. I couldn't believe how nice the people were. Then at the end of the tour the guy asked what I do for a living? "I sell your boats up and down the West Coast!"
I couldn't believe it. They had no clue who I was, or what I did the whole time. I thought that was great service and customer support. They treated me like gold and figured I was just some guy who wandered in. Too bad more tours aren't like that!
Old 03-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Thats unfortunate, customer service is one of the most important aspect to any business. To me Hustler was the most improved at the Miami show, very hard to gain market share with an attitude like that, I would give Joe a call and explain the situation, maybe he's unaware of this, he's always been a fair guy. good luck Jeff
Old 03-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Registered

Buy a Spectre Doug!! You have the Palini toy store 35 miles from the house...

Dude, I was curious if that was you? I'm here in Brandon around the corner from ya. I'm RISKY BEHAVIOR the new Spectre O/B like Marks and Dan's...
Old 03-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That Blows! But then again a few other boat company's were suppose to be like that also I just read a thread about another co. last week same thing.

Now you know next time don't buy their boats or their T-shirts!
Old 03-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We all have "bad days", but that's uncalled for and really bad business!
Old 03-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Registered

I stopped at Formula a few years ago after a quick call for directions. They had my name on a welcome board, walked me around for a good hour, answered my questions, never acted annoyed, and I was only about 22 years old. Not exactly the textbook big money spender. Top notch customer service!
Old 03-12-2004, 09:18 PM
Registered

I have never tried to stop-in and tour the factory. However, (2)weeks ago, I received a phone call from Joe, the President of Hustler, at 7PM on a Friday night. He was returning my call, regarding a question I had on my boat. He spent aprox. (1)hour on the phone with me, discussing the questions I had on my '96 Hustler, as well as what they were doing now on the current models. Said if I was going to be down in the area, to call and arrange a visit. I would say that was pretty good customer service for 7PM on a Friday night.

At times, it can be difficult to get an immediate response from Hustler. But, they only have so many bodies, and there are only so many hours in the day. Keep in mind, you also have no idea what was happening that day when you called, or if someone was going to be available to spend time with you. It's unfortunate you didn't get to see the facility, and perhaps it could have been handled a lot better.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes its just the BIT$H on the phone unhappy with thier job etc.. I wouldnt admonish the entire company .Maybe they just need someone with phone skills in there ..

Quick Reply: Whats up at the Hustler Plant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.