Notices

Honda Vtx 1800 C

Old 03-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Honda Vtx 1800 C

Anyone here own a VTX 1800? I am thinking about buying one. What are your thoughts? I like the "C" version, not the retro. Was tossing the idea of a Harley around but this bike just has something about it. From what I find, those who own them are EXTREMELY loyal to them. I would put a set of pipes on it right away though. That big 55-gallon drum lookin' thing just has to go!

Any feed back would be great.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:52 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Honda Vtx 1800 C

Originally posted by Shane
What are your thoughts?
Make sure your life insurance is paid up.
No bikes for this crazy Canuck, it's been done and never got a scratch, I consider myself lucky and figured the clock was ticking.
I've been to too many funerals heck just on this site there has been major disturbances in members lives and I have been here only 15 months.

Sorry buddy no vote from me on that, I'd rather help you with your property taxes!

My VHO.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:08 PM
Registered

Default Re: Re: Honda Vtx 1800 C

Originally posted by GLH
Make sure your life insurance is paid up.
No bikes for this crazy Canuck, it's been done and never got a scratch, I consider myself lucky and figured the clock was ticking.
I've been to too many funerals heck just on this site there has been major disturbances in members lives and I have been here only 15 months.

Sorry buddy no vote from me on that, I'd rather help you with your property taxes!

My VHO.
I hear there my northern buddy. I have always said there are 2 types of riders in this world, those who have gone down, and those who have yet to go down. Luckily I have never gone down. I understand the risks assoiated with motorcycles and am fully willing to assume the risk.

Thanks for your concern. Now, about those property taxes.....
Old 03-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Registered

HMMMM,,, can someone check on Crystal ???
New skater,, bike,,, You haven't had any, or are planning any " Insurance " claims are you ???..

Last edited by Chris232; 03-09-2004 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Registered

New skater...PIPE DREAM! New bike...MAYBE!
Old 03-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Registered

You cant beat the quality or warrantee you get with the Jap bikes, I dont care what anybody says.
A Harley to me is a peice of art though and that cant be matched by anything but, so it comes down to what you are looking for.
The Honda IMO is a much more bang for the buck but it is amazing to me what people will pay for a used HOG.
Who are you riding with and what do they ride?
Old 03-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Registered

I have one with a vance and hines pipe and a powercommander. Absolutely awesome ride for this style bike. It ain't no crotch rocket but it kicks on any harley with twice the reliability. It does not however have all the nice extra touches that harley's do. Chrome, braided lines and history ect. Mine always starts, always runs and costs less than half a new harley. Tough to beat. NK

BTW The customisers are really beginning to offer cool upgrades for the jap bikes. easy to pretty up.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Registered

i have one also vance & hines,k&n power comander
200 rear tire. will pull a wheelie in first & sometimes in second!! my buddy has a 12R & i kill him until 3rd gear!!
Old 03-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Registered

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will be riding with mostly Harley guys but have the same bike is not really important. I hear they handle like a dream too. I have noticed that there are more and more add ons coming from the aftermarket companies and you can REALLY trick out the VTX.

I too cannot comprehend HOW in the world a Harley that is 5-10 years old commands teh same money as a NEW one!
Old 03-09-2004, 05:18 PM
JnT
Registered

Look at the Road Star line from Yamaha first.They are supposedly better bikes.My Uncle swears by his Road Star.I looked into them last year and read some reviews.Do an online search for the Honda and Yamahas.Good luck and have fun with whatever you decide on!

Quick Reply: Honda Vtx 1800 C

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.