Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   had fun last night (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74018-had-fun-last-night.html)

Becca 03-13-2004 01:03 PM

had fun last night

not that I'm a big country music fan but Alan Jackson played last night at a little bar called the square grouper down the intracoastal from us. we took the little boat down, put it on the beach and walked in. people were waiting outside to get in for over an hour I heard. watched most of the show from the boat next to us, they had a flybridge. anyway, it was pretty fun. to add as a newyorker in the summertime, it's 82 and sunny here today in Florida. it's a good thing no one can throw things at ya thru the internet ;)

anyone else catch the show?

lucky strike 03-13-2004 01:11 PM

Not really a country music fan, what city was it?

LS JR.

Becca 03-13-2004 01:15 PM

Jupiter and for the record I listen to alternative

cuda 03-13-2004 05:56 PM

Originally posted by Becca
for the record I listen to alternative
Duly noted. :)

Keith 03-13-2004 09:09 PM

Short version of true story on a remote caribbean island known only to divers and world record Wahoo fishermen. I'm walking back to my room from day of diving, see a guy on back of a huge sport fish, start chatting about the boat, invites me on board, offers up a beer, we talk about boating, wahoo fishing, etc. I hop off the boat after about 30 minutes to join some buddies walking down the bulkhead and they asked me if I got his autograph?!?!?

The guy just said his name was Alan, seemed pretty cool, and probably thrilled that I just treated him like an average Joe, not having any idea who he was. :) I don't listen to country music or know any stars other than Shania and Faith, and only then when they release a crossover.

kitten 03-14-2004 12:20 AM

Re: had fun last night

Originally posted by Becca
not that I'm a big country music fan but Alan Jackson played last night at a little bar called the square grouper down the intracoastal from us.

Sounds like a good time. :D

Becca 03-14-2004 03:27 PM

that's really cool Keith, we saw his 46' sportfish "Hullbully" go by yesterday morning

Keith 03-14-2004 05:05 PM

Too funny. I couldn't remember the name or type of boat, but it was nice. He basically flies around to meet it, I guess in between gigs. Didn't meet the crew, but they must have a ball running from island to island. I guess they have to find out of the way places to go.

My dive buddies try to do the same thing. The downside is accomodations (B&B's mostly), but then again, it's pretty neat to sit down to breakfast with Brian Sheedy, Leslie Stahl and her husband Aaron. :D :D

gdfatha 03-14-2004 05:13 PM

Originally posted by Keith
but then again, it's pretty neat to sit down to breakfast with Brian Sheedy, Leslie Stahl and her husband Aaron. :D :D
Who are they??

Keith 03-14-2004 05:33 PM

That's what I said at one point. :D Brian Sheedy was Ali Sheedy's uncle who, at the time we went to Salt Cay off Grand Turk, owned the B&B where we stayed. Ali Sheedy is an actress (Breakfast Club, 1980's "brat pack"). Aaron Latham (sp?) is an author and playwright who wrote & produced Urban Cowboy. Leslie Stahl you'll see every week on CBS' 60 Minutes.