Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bullet vs. 33 Powerplay Pros and Cons >

Bullet vs. 33 Powerplay Pros and Cons

Notices

Bullet vs. 33 Powerplay Pros and Cons

Old 03-16-2004, 09:16 PM
LPA2106

What's the power iin the Bullett? I would say that you need around t-600Hp to be a shooter with that hull....and a 31' Bullett is gonna stack up to a newer 34' porduction hull with built in swim platform...so it's no slouch...ya know I would do the Cig if the motors were right.

Old 03-17-2004, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

To The Wood :....Very sorry to hear about your "Spongy Deck" & All your "Stress Cracks"......
Guess I'll just keep my T-shirts.....
Old 03-17-2004, 08:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally posted by Semper Fi
It is a 1997 33' Sportdeck built from the factory as a race boat. I understand it has never been raced. It has a 3-man bolster set up with HP500's staggered. It is quite an impressive 33' boat. I think I will keep it for years to come.
Semper,
Did you buy Trader1's PP? If so, I have seen that boat in the water and it's very nice looking!! Does it have a cabin? Post some pics if you have any!!

I don't understand why people feel the need to badmouth either one of these boats. From what I understand, the PP is a solid boat that runs well. The fact that the owner is a giant tool has nothing to do with a decision to buy an "out of warrenty" boat!!

My wife and I love our Bullet and are very happy with our decision to buy a Cigarette. But that doesn't mean that PowerPlay's or any other boat out there isn't necessarily better than ours!!

IT'S ALL ABOUT BEING ON THE WATER FOLKS!!!!! That's what matters!

LPA2106... Would these do?
Attached Thumbnails Bullet vs. 33 Powerplay Pros and Cons-bullet.engs.jpg  
Old 03-17-2004, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SemperFi----CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
If I am thinking of the right boat.... it looks great, butthen again so do all the PP33's
AND so do the Cigs

Unless i could get a certain TS TG in the classifieds (which i cannot ) I wouldn't get anything other than a PowerPlay with the 5 man bolsters. I just thing they are really great looking boat!!!

Best of luck in your search, i am sure you won't be disappointed with either...
Old 03-17-2004, 09:13 AM
Registered

Can't comment on the Cig...

But I have ridden in a friends 33 PP a few times and I think it is an awesome boat. We were in some big water for a few miles and it really ate it up... completely out of the water, WA____WA___WA___WA ..... the 33 landed smoooooth.
Has a very comfortable cockpit with extra heavy duty rigging... HUGE cabin, it seems like the cockpit and engine room are set back to the stern which gives you alot of room up front, a little tight in the engine area tho.
75 MPH propped conservatively with a pair of HP500's.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:34 AM
Miami

Cigarette was one of the originals and a boat that all others tried to measure up to. Today they are still in the same category. Nothing is like a Cigarette!

That being said, does not mean that every Cig designed hull was great. I do not believe the bullit was their best balanced hull. It scrubs off a lot of speed and rides heavy in the water ( not enough lift ). In rough water, a great amount of the hull bottom is presented to the waves on re-entry

comparison

older Powerplay - pre 94, has inerlined cockpit but no inerlined cuddy. Cuddy is short, sparse but adequate. Cockpit has no visible wood very little storage and is very easy to update if desired. Has exact same running surface as current production hulls, is extremely well balanced, flies level and lands soft in rough water and will run 80 with any version of HP500's

older Bullit ( not sure when Cig stopped production )
has teak cuddy door, very dated dash, more storage, never spent much time in either of the two cabins, heavy boat, rough water = trim bow down, throttle down ( cannot dance like the PP ) will run 70 with HP500's

Old 03-17-2004, 09:35 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Craig's Bullet is awesome.

I loved my Powerplay...got right at 80 with HP 500's.....

I'd be happy owning either one.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

No doubt these Bullets "ride heavy".....But mine always flies level & true, never a jarring landing.Takes alot of power to push her though. Thats why i asked about the # & pads on PPs...They seem to run much faster with =power ?
I love PPs....Robbies 38 is beyond words !!!
Old 03-17-2004, 02:30 PM
Miami

birdog....... stealing your quote "No Beaks..No Steps..No Pads..NO BULL !!".......... 33 Powerplay has a 24 degree
hull... period. They are a lighter boat that feels light on acceleration and cornering but lands soft like a boat of considerable weight. They are old technology but a wonderfull balance of speed, comfort & roughwater capabilities.

Old 03-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Miami

Craig223......... where do you boat? Ever come up to the Annapolis area? If so, let me know when & where

Quick Reply: Bullet vs. 33 Powerplay Pros and Cons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.