Notices

Ft. Myers Race cancelled?

Old 03-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THAT'S ME CAPTIAN AND COKE WITH A LIME, DAVE HAS STOCK IN DANIELS!!!!
Old 03-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well Dave P i can't agree more

we are still putting on the SOTW Poker Run here in Grand Haven and it will be an even bigger event this year

We canceled our race in Grand
Haven as we stated in our Press Release

“Given the state of offshore racing, the politics involved, and major changes among race sanctioning bodies, we have decided to not plan a race for 2004"

no hidden agenda just the facts

KLATU,

If we do a race in 2005 we would love to get you inboard to help us out
you will get an education in a hurry of the challenges in putting on an offshore event

Let me tell you the number one thing we have learned promoting races it is as follows :

How do you you get a few friends in offshore racing???

Start out with alot of friends in offshore racing
Old 03-16-2004, 06:30 PM
Registered

Default Re: Re: That sucks.

Originally posted by Too Old
BINGO.

A few people last year sacrificed the sport as a whole to advance their own adgenda.

Well said.................
Old 03-16-2004, 07:03 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

To advance their own agenda?
I would use the term loosely.
As a former fan of one of the most exciting forms of motor racing, I have decided to boycott Offshore Racing this year.
I would have to say, there are far more fans of Offshore than Offshore Racers. We are the ones (along with the charities) who have lost out on this whole ordeal.
This group of former racers who are so full of themselves, that call them "the next greatest thing" can go have their fun, amongst themselves.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:36 PM
Registered

RLW, Those of us who still support APBA and race the 'lower class' boats are suffering as well and I think its unfair for you to boycott all of offshore. You have every right to feel the way you do considering the past year but don't give up on us yet
Old 03-16-2004, 10:04 PM
Registered

PS, Until I hear it from SBI in the form of an official announcement and see it off of there schedule, I wouldn't count them out yet. I know they will be doing everything they can to make it happen
Old 03-16-2004, 10:26 PM
Registered

another 2 words...Sport Fishing
Thats a little Extreme, although fishing can be fun,I 'd rather run around in circles by myself
Old 03-17-2004, 04:48 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Scott,
I am an APBA fan. Always have been. I love F-1 racing. This whole thing is unnecessary. This OSS crap does not support unification at all. Until then, I'll just lurk here on the sidelines.
Russ
Old 03-17-2004, 06:59 AM
Registered

I tend to gravitate towards APBA as well. They have the name recoginition, did do a lot for the sport despite some setbacks, and most importantly gave the OSS, from what I can see, everything they asked for and they still stuck it to APBA. I have friends who have gone to OSS but looking at it in the "big picture" I just don't see where they are helping the sport, it appears that they are just further splintering offshore racing. Reminds me of when Don Johnson, Chuck Norris, and others tried it with the "OPT" years ago. I think that almost lasted one year. Memory kind of fuzzy here. We will see what happens. I'll be surprised if OSS flies.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:09 AM
Registered

Also, isn't is amazing that the only torch that OSS carries is the one against Michael Allweiss, and that all the fumes in their fire are tied to him? I mean all these guys gave OSS a fair chance, and yet because Bob Bull shares the same letters (APBA) as Michael did, they try to hang them out to dry... using this LLC flag which is long gone, dead and buried.

Quick Reply: Ft. Myers Race cancelled?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.