Notices

Ft. Myers Race cancelled?

Old 03-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its the truth and if someone was ripping you to shred's, I would suspect you would keep you mouth shut about it. Rich, I greatly respect the knowledge and history you have with the support and I know you have a lot of resoect for many of the OSS racers as do I. It is the leadership of OSS that I have a problem with and what they are doing. I am friends and look up to most of them and I know a lot feel that is their only choice for now. It is my opinion that the OSS has done more to harm the sport in the last few months than Mike A. and the LLC did in 5 years
Old 03-17-2004, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by ScottB
Its the truth and if someone was ripping you to shred's, I would suspect you would keep you mouth shut about it. Rich, I greatly respect the knowledge and history you have with the support and I know you have a lot of resoect for many of the OSS racers as do I. It is the leadership of OSS that I have a problem with and what they are doing. I am friends and look up to most of them and I know a lot feel that is their only choice for now. It is my opinion that the OSS has done more to harm the sport in the last few months than Mike A. and the LLC did in 5 years
Scott,

Trust the racers to be smart enough to see through the "smoke and mirrors" of OSS. I know of two so-called OSS members that are questioning their decision to race OSS after seeing some of their leader's tactics. After their first race, those that are not directors will be even more disenchanted with the group. I personally believe that they will self destruct. Just my opinion..........
Old 03-17-2004, 04:53 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

There's an old proverb......"you reap what you sow".... The seeds of today's chaos were planted over those 5 years....... and quite a few of us expected this harvest...
Sadly....... our warnings went unheeded.

The good news...... there are people in OSS who you can talk to..... One of them is my best friend....others are proven professionals. Granted there is still some bitterness and anger....and ultimately there will be some pecker length issues and feathers to smooth...but, with a little luck and nudging, a logical and amicable resolution can come out of all this fragmentation. It is my belief that after enough people try, and struggle with, enough different approaches, a common understanding of issues should develop....after that....... true progress will certainly follow.

At least I hope so.

T2x
Old 03-17-2004, 04:59 PM
Registered

I know 2 as well and if they are different than the 2 you know then we have 4
I agree with you I just wish I would have used spell check so my mis-typings didn't make me look like an idiot
Old 03-17-2004, 05:03 PM
Registered

T2X,
Your last post is perfect, you are a wiser man than I.
I just get a little pissed at times and speak my mind.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:03 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I know 2 as well and if they are different than the 2 you know then we have 4
I agree with you I just wish I would have used spell check so my mis-typings didn't make me look like an idiot
Don't worry..... I'm capable of writing grammatically perfect, correctly spelled posts.......that make me look like an idiot.

T2x
Old 03-17-2004, 05:29 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Mark Mathews
Outer------

Jack and Coke is 3 words
Hahahahahaha - Outer42 can't count.

Shhhhhhhhhh he thinks he has a 50 Outerlimits!
Old 03-17-2004, 06:33 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Since we all have friends in each of the race organizations, can't we just embrace offshore racing as a whole rather than being so damn loyal to only one group???

How can I like OPA and not like OSS or APBA or SBI?? It just doesn't make sense.

I only ask for one thing out of 2004, a unified World Championship in Key West. So far OSS and OPA have agreed to run with SBI. In the name of putting Humpty Dumpty back together again, can't APBA do what ever needs to be done to race during the same week in Key West? I personally think this would be the biggest step in the right direction.

This doesn't need to be a love fest, it just CAN'T be a hate fest.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:50 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree very much with most of what T2X has stated thus far. He has been around long enough to know. My feeling are that no matter what was done something like this was bound to happen. The trenches were just being dug to deep. Was it all intentional I think not. Just wrong steps at wrong times. The Leadership in OSS is STRONG and I RESPECT those in charge. It is unfortunate that the public has made them into a BIG MONSTER. Are they really????? I do not feel that they are. The appointing of Steve David(WHO I RESPECT GREATLY) was a great move for APBA Offshore. Steve is the kind of Gentleman that can help them to a better tomorrow. I think that if everyone can agree that unity is what everyone wants then it can happen. Just remember if unity does occur that not everyone will get what everyone wants. Just a unified sport in which this type of Powerboat Racing greatly needs for its survival.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:01 PM
Registered

Originally posted by SteveDavid
Friends,

First, thank you to Too old, T2x and those of you who have supported me. The following is my perspective, and not an official position APBA. I write this from the heart, and quite honestly with much sorrow. The irony of our sport's downward spiral, is that we have brought it on ourselves, and we are accelerating the demise every day. It is not Sea Turtles, or Manatees or Tourist Development Councils cancelling races. It's our history if internal warfare, essentially us eating our young and
making us distasteful to host sites, sponsors, competitors and fans.
This very day, there is one organization going after existing and former APBA sites and sponsors and portraying APBA Offshore in the least favorable light. They believe they are doing the right thing, yet how right are we in the eyes of our consitituent interests when we simply change shirts and logos and smear the very organization we belonged to last year? What picture of our sport do we put in the minds of TV, City Commissions, Sponsors, etc. when we are more fractured than humpty dumpty?

Many are saying that when the dust settles, we'll somehow come together. However, as we fractrure further, with regions and clubs each going their own way, will the pieces, if ever assembled, fit back together? Our problems are not of an external nature.

I don't have the answers. What I will do, and promise to each of you, is that I'll be fair, and straight as your referee when you participate at an APBA event. We'll break bread, we'll work together, we'll seek solutions, we'll try as best as we can to do the right thing.

Hope to see each of you in St. Cloud.

Steve
Mr. David,

As ALWAYS elequant, articulate and DEAD ON! Best wishes for much success in all of your racing endeavors. Some how based on your track record I don't think you will need it.

Shane

P.S. I hope those that are racing today are shrewd enough to the wisdom of your ways.

Quick Reply: Ft. Myers Race cancelled?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.