Notices

Ft. Myers Race cancelled?

Old 03-18-2004, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What transpired in Key West Tuesday? I'd read where the Coast Guard was only going to permit one race and the city council was to decide who was going to get the race?
Old 03-18-2004, 06:44 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,717 Likes on 3,788 Posts

It wouldn't surprise one bit if the end up racing Ft Meyers.
Trust me Ron, I am far from alone in feeling this way

Scott, the truth to that matter, the offshore racing assn. in ft myers, decides who comes to town, after last year, the town wants a boat race,Not 17 boats all in a different class running around in circlres. This was a unfortunate situation. But one that had to be addressed, cities arent going to throw money away at a less than awesome race. at every race you can read the after thoughts which claim boat numbers to be in the 70's 80's, etc. As for The OSS group they have only the top four classes as of now, they may expand , they may fold only time will tell. but , as a lot of racers say they will support the races they feel like so, we will see when the race dates arrive who supports who.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:01 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,717 Likes on 3,788 Posts

klatu,
No, I dont but I also hear endless rumors, some to be fact others to be pure BS. WHen I get the last it will be on the streets. but , I perfer fact over fiction.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Pete,

Sounds like you have some good inside information about Ft. Myers. You must of been at the meeting we had last nite (I didnt see you there) and heard a different version of the story then we did. Five an a half hours of conversation with the town and I didnt hear one word about boat count. So could you please fill us in on who you spoke to and more details about what was said.

Thank You,

Frank
"Koolhand"
Old 03-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Registered

Pete. 10 years history and one year low boat count will not lose you a sight. Trent, I know you guys did all you could
Thanks
Old 03-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by SteveDavid
This very day, there is one organization going after existing and former APBA sites and sponsors and portraying APBA Offshore in the least favorable light.
Being the gentleman he is, Steve David refrains from naming names, but let's not mince words here gentlemen, to quote Scott B; "there initials start with OSS". I think many of us agree with Scott also when he confirms that "Yes, they are the monster".
Why do many of us share these feelings? Because Ron P. and others feel it is APBA members who are holding back the sport by holding a grudge, when in fact, there are members, indeed leaders of the OSS group that are making contact with various racers with APBA and throwing out insults and statements bordering on harassment. Worse yet, these OSS members are trying to undermine the hard work and efforts of the current APBA leadership by spreading rumors and throwing wrenches into contracted and potential APBA race sites.
So, It's kinda hard to blame the roosters for broken eggs, when there's a fox in the hen-house still wreaking havoc
Old 03-18-2004, 02:25 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Ok, I'll admit that maybe I'm too much of an optimist and I'm always looking for silver lining in any dark cloud.

If Gordo's eggs are getting broken, then maybe it's far worst than I can see from a distance.

So a word to the wise. STOP BREAKING GORDO'S EGGS
Old 03-18-2004, 02:37 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by Gordo
Being the gentleman he is, Steve David refrains from naming names, but let's not mince words here gentlemen, to quote Scott B; "there initials start with OSS". I think many of us agree with Scott also when he confirms that "Yes, they are the monster".
Why do many of us share these feelings? Because Ron P. and others feel it is APBA members who are holding back the sport by holding a grudge, when in fact, there are members, indeed leaders of the OSS group that are making contact with various racers with APBA and throwing out insults and statements bordering on harassment. Worse yet, these OSS members are trying to undermine the hard work and efforts of the current APBA leadership by spreading rumors and throwing wrenches into contracted and potential APBA race sites.
So, It's kinda hard to blame the roosters for broken eggs, when there's a fox in the hen-house still wreaking havoc

"OSS said this...SBI said that....APBA said another thing".

"Other guys are doing bad things to my guys....Your guys are dishonest. My guys are flawless......."

Don't you get it yet.......... Gordo?

Posts like yours...... are the problem......

The solution is to let go of EVERY loyalty..........even your own.

When...and only when...that process is done...and everyone takes some responsibility for this ridiculous inferno (and NO ONE has clean hands here).........can something worthwhile emerge from the ashes.

T2x
Old 03-18-2004, 02:48 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said T2X!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2004, 04:31 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by T2x
Don't you get it yet.......... Gordo?
Posts like yours...... are the problem......
Are they? Not unlike you, I have the "eggs" to stand behind what I think, feel, and believe in, up front and in public.

On the other side of the fence, there's a weasel with no "sac" doing as much damage as possible behind the scenes.

You can keep cussing brand "A" tires all you want. But until you get rid of that nail in the driveway, you're still gonna have a flat.

Quick Reply: Ft. Myers Race cancelled?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.