Notices

Garmin, Whats up!!

Old 03-16-2004, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Garmin, Whats up!!

I have been waiting for the 172C unit to come out, Garmin has been advertising it since the end of last year. I have called the factory and spoke with several people and all I get is sometime the first quarter???? The exact date is private, whats the big deal!!!!
They said it is ready for shipment and in the warehouse, what is there problem!!!! Not a very good way to do business. I think they are trying to sell off last years product before releasing new stuff.

What is a good unit to have with map capability, other than Garmin?
I'm not sure I really want to do business with a company that keeps info from the customer that wants to purchase something from them.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:27 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

James, what's up, you ready for the season or what?

Did you ever get your interior parts, or are you going to drive through the front door at AT on your way to the keys?
Old 03-16-2004, 08:32 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

I like the 182....whats the big attraction to that one?
Old 03-16-2004, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I'm waiting for the same unit.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a great experience with Garmin. I broke the antenna on my GPSIII+ that is atleast four years old. The back cap on the antenna broke when I landed on it while it was mounted on the dash of my snowmobile. I called Garmin to see if I could just get the back cover because the whole antenna was $70. The girl on the phone said that it shouldnt have broke and would UPS second day air a new piece so I would have it in time for the weekend. Sure enough complete antenna second day air, no charge.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:19 AM
Registered

Hey Brian........Yes and no.....Got most everything I wanted done.....but NO!!! I am still to receive the parts I was owed from Active Thunder when I bought the boat in SEPTEMBER!!!!! Things have sure changed since the money exchanged, before I could get him on the phone in minutes now it takes and act of GOD! I left a message every other day for two weeks with no response. I just went in my own pocket and bought the parts I was missing. I have had two of his boats a 32 and now the 37, it is a shame that he treats his loyal customers this way. It is a very nice boat but if you ever need anything your on your own. On my nest purchase of a boat I will consider other manufactors. I would and could not ever treat my customers this way, I have to sleep at night.
I was always told a satisfied customer tells a few people but a unsatisfied customer tells a hundred people.

How is you new boat project coming??

Are you going to the SML poker run this year if it doesnt rain!!!!

James
Old 03-17-2004, 07:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally posted by excursion
Hey Brian........Yes and no.....Got most everything I wanted done.....but NO!!! I am still to receive the parts I was owed from Active Thunder when I bought the boat in SEPTEMBER!!!!! Things have sure changed since the money exchanged, before I could get him on the phone in minutes now it takes and act of GOD! I left a message every other day for two weeks with no response. I just went in my own pocket and bought the parts I was missing. I have had two of his boats a 32 and now the 37, it is a shame that he treats his loyal customers this way. It is a very nice boat but if you ever need anything your on your own. On my nest purchase of a boat I will consider other manufactors. I would and could not ever treat my customers this way, I have to sleep at night.
I was always told a satisfied customer tells a few people but a unsatisfied customer tells a hundred people.

James

That's a shame. Word does travel fast!!!!
Old 03-17-2004, 10:36 PM
Registered

Yes it does........
Old 03-18-2004, 05:30 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

You can get it in the new overtons cataloge I got yesterday....
Old 03-18-2004, 06:10 AM
Registered

Default Garmin

I have three Garmins. The latest for my boats is a 182C.
I love it.

I have two Garmins in my plane.

I had a 195 which still works but obsolete. Keep it at home and use it for planning trips.

Garmin is worth the wait.

Quick Reply: Garmin, Whats up!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.