Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   V.I.P. Boats - The good, the bad, and the ugly? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74278-v-i-p-boats-good-bad-ugly.html)

CigDaze 03-16-2004 06:00 PM

V.I.P. Boats - The good, the bad, and the ugly?

Hey All,

My brother's looking for boat. He would be using it on inlands lakes and bays mostly for cruising, entertaining and water skiing...something in the 20-22' range.

His nearest dealer sells V.I.P. boats and he was asking about their quality and workmanship?

Any other reccomendations? He's not looking to spend a lot, just a reasonable weekend boat.

Anyone know anything about these?

All help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
:cool:

RollWithIt 03-16-2004 06:18 PM

I got the perfect boat for him and its for sale. Now, dont laugh, its a 22' bayliner. Hey, I said stop laughing. Its got a built 350 and tops out in mid 50's. Custom stereo and a great ski, hang-out type boat. Priced right at only 8K. includes tandem axle trailer. :D

HighPriority 03-16-2004 06:47 PM

Baja Daze; How is it going? Are you ready to race that Baja yet?

As for the VIP I think they would make a nice lake or bay boat, and you may want to let me know if your brother is realty interested in this boat, because my race partner (Mack) is a VIP dealer and he has a new 2001 or 2002 24' VIP that he is trying to give away.

105mph_38_2003 03-16-2004 07:33 PM

Did they quit making VIPs? The Boat Superstore in Seabrook told me that they had the last ones ever made and that the boats were no longer going to be produced. I was also told that VIP is owned and built by Boat Superstore.

I was told all this when a customer of mine who had never been around boats before was telling me how awesome they were:crazy: I talked him into saving his money and buying a 24' Outlaw instead and now he is Baja for life:cool: :D

Was I told typical salesman BS or any truth to it?

stevebaretta 03-16-2004 07:42 PM

All, There alre alot of VIP's in my area. A friend of mine has an older one and it has held up well. The Vindicator is their sport boat. A good entry level boat but not close to alot of the boats mentioned on the board. As with anything, they better care you take of something the longer it will last.
http://www.vipboats.com/

RollWithIt 03-16-2004 09:25 PM

There are a lot of Vindicators running around the Pittsburgh area. People up here think they are great performance boats.

I still think the Bayliner is perfect.. :D

CigDaze 03-17-2004 07:20 AM

Thanks everyone for the replies. :cool:
Sounds like he wouldn't be doing too bad in a VIP. I'll pass along the thumbs-up.

Warren, You bet I'm ready...but my wallet disagrees. Not to mention I'd never be able to make it work out with my work schedule. Thanks for the info on Mack's 24' Where is he located? My brother's in Houston. Do you know which model 24' he has? What does 'give away' mean exactly? PM me if you like. Thanks!

X-Rated30 03-17-2004 08:37 AM

Originally posted by 105mph_38_2003
I was also told that VIP is owned and built by Boat Superstore...Was I told typical salesman BS or any truth to it?
Salesman BS.
VIP = Vivian Industrial Plastics; Vivian, Louisiana (Near Shreveport).:cool:

hugetime1 03-17-2004 08:42 AM

nick, i think he should get a 21 allison with a 225, it is a great all around boat, perfect for smaller lakes and it will do 98 mph with stock power. check out this web site
www.allisonowners.com

CigDaze 03-17-2004 09:44 AM

Originally posted by hugetime1
nick, i think he should get a 21 allison with a 225, it is a great all around boat, perfect for smaller lakes and it will do 98 mph with stock power. check out this web site
www.allisonowners.com

That's a kick-azz boat...but it's definately not for him! :D