Notices

What would you do ?

Old 03-18-2004, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do ?

As a lot of you know I had my ACL replaced about a month ago, Monday I was out shopping for a new car for my wife and a guy hit me in the rear real hard, so hard he totaled my wifes car so I don't have to worry about trading it.
I didn't feel bad at first but by Tuesday night I was real sore and my knee is popping and doing stuff it didn't do before, My doctor says it set me back a few weeks but my neck and back are messed up.
I so hate the people that sue for chit and I have done a ton of bad stuff to myself racing over the years. But I am in a fair amount of pain and wasn't at fault. Should I just get what I need to get better or do what my Lawyer wants, he says he could get me 50K in a few month's.

I was hit in my Jeep a little over a month ago but had know pain from it and didn't ask for a thing just the cash for the bumper.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:41 PM
Fightclub

I would tell you to file a claim now. Are you going to miss work? Has it interrupted your lifestyle? Even if you don't sue you have a claim started and if something happens down the road you have a record of the incident that could be beneficial.

Glad your ok.

Old 03-18-2004, 09:28 PM
homan

Think of it this way when you're old and gray and in pain who can you blame

Old 03-18-2004, 11:19 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Fightclub
I would tell you to file a claim now. Are you going to miss work? Has it interrupted your lifestyle? Even if you don't sue you have a claim started and if something happens down the road you have a record of the incident that could be beneficial.

Glad your ok.
Fightclub is correct. You need to protect yourself just in case. I know someone who is seriously messed up from a traffic accident that happened years before. I believe the term is Fibromyalgia. There is supposedly a link between this disease and body trauma. Who knows for sure. The point is you never know.
Dan
Old 03-18-2004, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sue the Sh*t out of them. I've given up on caring and 'doing the right thing' now.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:31 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Yahh make sure your attorney can get a Nortech from you suing someone, your insurance premiums and all of ours will pay for two attorney's office billing themselves into wealth.

Suing sucks.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:45 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't like your lawyers attitude. With your statement "I so hate the people that sue for chit " he is fitting the bill of those type of people.

If in deed you feel pain and feel it has been caused by neglect or reckless action by the other driver then I would hire an Attorney that had the same attitude as you do and go for what you deserve. This is to help with your pain not make an ambulance chaser rich at someone else's expense. I would go with the attorney that was more interested in medical statements and records than trying for the easy out of court cash.

BTW
I never had to sue anyone just my feelings on the subject.

Hey you asked
Old 03-19-2004, 06:50 AM
Registered

Simple: just do what you feel is the right thing, afterall you are you have to live with. No matter what any lawyer tells you, you don't get something for nothing, somehow, someway, there eventually will be strings attached. Exactly what I don't know, but I do know you don't get something for for nothing. Just my two cents.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:51 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Get a lawer. If the shoe was on the other foot he would be doing the same. It is not him that will be paying the bill, his insurance company will. I in a head on a bunch of years back and was ok after a few months so no bid deal. I still got a few grand for additional medical bills over the years and I actually needed it so that was good. More recently I got rear ended in my F350 and the ladie totalled her car on the back of my truck. Two years now and I am still going to physical therapy You just NEVER know. Some times the softer accidents are worse then the back ones. My first accident was from a head on on the highway!!! Make sure you are comfortable with your lawer. Don't be afraid to tell him you are interviewing. Good luck

Jon
Old 03-19-2004, 07:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally posted by Formula Outlaw
Simple: just do what you feel is the right thing, afterall you are you have to live with. No matter what any lawyer tells you, you don't get something for nothing, somehow, someway, there eventually will be strings attached. Exactly what I don't know, but I do know you don't get something for for nothing. Just my two cents.

Exactly !!!!

It's happened three times to me. Those cars just do not get along with my trailer hitch! You don't even need to get a lawyer, just deal through your ins. guy and they (the other ins. co.)will give you what you deserve plus some.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.