Notices

Boat sank south of Nassau

Old 04-05-2004, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got off the phone with Carlos, he would like to know if any of the boat building experts like Super Termoli or T2x ( I think you guys build or built boats) or anybody else would like to have a look at the boat and give their expert advise on it.
Anybody know how to get in touch with Jay Ross, the boat will be in Lauderdale Tuesday and they want to get people besides Sunseeker to look at it.

I will have pictures soon but Carlos wants to have somebody in person, you will be paid for your time.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Registered

If you need to get a hold of Jay Ross, call Frank Marchone at All Pro Marine, he's a personal friend of Jay's. Frank's cell # 410-320-5307.
Hope this helps.

Adam
Old 04-05-2004, 08:10 PM
Registered

Thanks I don't know why I didn't think of that I was just talking to Frank the other day. duh
Old 04-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Thunder32,

When does your new boat arrive?? Had enough of the go slow cruiser route for a while. Hope to see you out there this summer and look forward to some of the upcoming poker run events.

Bill
Old 04-05-2004, 09:18 PM
Registered

Hey, If you are looking for a really good set of expert eyes to look at the transon, Contact Nick Buis at Performance plus marine in Clearwater , Fla. He gets down that way all the time, And is the best Performance man I have ever met.....

Doug Biddle

PM me if you need his number
Old 04-06-2004, 02:16 AM
Registered

I would love to help but I'm in Europe right now... besides I'm not sure I would be the person to have the last word on this, a bona fide maritime expert would be more appropriate. I am sure there are reputable experts operating in the area. However, Sunseeker is a company known for taking good care of its customers. Problems with XS2000 boats were solved under warranty directly by the factory as far as I know. I will try to get more information, see whether this (transom structural weakness) has occured in the past on Superhawks and what the manufacturing process is, in other words do thay have a full female mold for the 50 or is it just a transom add-on on an I/O 48' hull. I will keep you guys posted...
Old 04-06-2004, 07:30 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

PM Insptech on this board or over on CBPBA.com. He does this for a living.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:23 AM
survivior

Hello
This is Carlos owner of Survivor the 50ft sunseeker superhawk that sank in the Exzumas south of Nassua on March 17th! yes it is True, I'm flying down to Florida on the 7th to see her come into the harbor and get pulled out. yes I have plenty of Insurance. This is a manufacture problem I'm flying in a world renowned expert on boat composite and enginering manufacturing on the 8th. From the pixs that have been seen it is clear that Sunseeker 50 with the Trimax drives has a big problem with the swim deck were the roder is located and it is open to the main engine room. We were two engines foward middle in nuetral we barly touched the head some little that we kept going for a mile at 45knot and then stoped to check the prop, we were going to send Lonnie's son over to check it out when we open the engine room and all three engines we under! we guned it to the closes sand bar to try to save the boat. Now we go to florida to see what sunseeker is going to do!? If anyone knows any other sunseeker superhawk owners have the call me they are in danger 800 747 6273!!
carlos

Old 04-06-2004, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Carlos,

Glad everything is ok. Let me know when everything is fixed. You still owe Kurt and me a ride Would love to see it at the Cambridge races.

Bill
Old 04-06-2004, 09:37 AM
survivior

Hey Bill
thanks for the kind words! and yes i will give you a ride on the new one! let me know if you hear anything about this problem
carlos

Quick Reply: Boat sank south of Nassau

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.