Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
poll.........I like ______________ >

poll.........I like ______________

Notices
View Poll Results: I like ________________best.
Kid Rock
37.40%
Bob and Tom
5.34%
Toby Keith
16.79%
50 cent
8.40%
James Taylor
12.21%
John Force
13.74%
Michael Jackson
0.76%
"W"
5.34%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

poll.........I like ______________

Old 03-19-2004, 09:25 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John Force and Toby belong in the same catagory! I'd personally like to see Kid Smuck (the disrespectful little bastage)and Toby go a couple round in the ring! I'd pay money to watch!!

Last edited by dyno; 03-19-2004 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:46 AM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by BatGirl
Kid Rock all the way from that list!!
Some of those on there I never heard of?? I guess I don't go to the ghetto enough! Don't plan on it either!
BG XO

Trippin'
Old 03-19-2004, 10:06 AM
CJC
Registered

Thumbs up VH

Van Halen - Hot Summer Nights

Old 03-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally posted by cigarette1

Trippin'
????
Well 50 cent and W??? What is that? Not sure about Bob and Tom, but they sound like there from the country.............
BG XO
Old 03-19-2004, 10:38 AM
Registered

I thought your were talkin sir-mix-alot when I first saw the thread

I like big butts and I cannot lie.......
Old 03-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

What could possibly be better than watching John Force get interviewed after running 300mph in 4.9 second.

Man that's got to be Red Neck bliss. I know it works for me.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:06 PM
Registered

SRV
Old 03-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Registered

So, who is W anyway

I can't believe Kid Rock's ahead, I don't see one thing appealing about him. I even met him a few times, he is best friends with my old boss & my former cleaning lady was dating him before he moved on to Pam Anderson.
He is even uglier in person

That's my fiftee sent worth
Old 03-19-2004, 12:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Where's the "They all Suck" option?

Old 03-19-2004, 01:28 PM
Registered

First off the list isn't diverse enough. Paul Anka?

And there should be no slamming of where people are from or where they live. We all have different cultures.

I can see light banter as far as left vs. right coast or better boating conditions by way of weather.

However I did pick Kid Rock.

For all of you who don't know here's the break down:

*Kid Rock

Born: 1971 In: Romeo, MI

Styles: Rap-Rock, Hard Rock, Rap-Metal

Biography: One of the unlikeliest success stories in rock at the turn of the millennium, Detroit rap-rocker Kid Rock shot to superstardom with his fourth full-length album, 1998's Devil Without a Cause. What made it so shocking was that Rock had recorded his first demo a full decade before, been booted off major label Jive following his Beastie Boys-ish 1990 debut Grits Sandwiches for Breakfast, and toiled for most of the decade in obscurity, releasing albums to a small, devoted, mostly local fan base while earning his fair share of ridicule around his home state. Nevertheless, Rock persevered, and by the time rap-metal had begun to attract a substantial audience, he had perfected the outlandish, over-the-top white-trash persona that gave Devil Without a Cause such a distinctive personality and made it such an infectious party record.

Roots: Beastie Boys, Ted Nugent, Handsome Dick Manitoba, Bob Seger, Hank ...

Similar Artists: David Allan Coe, Alice in Chains, Anthrax, The Black Crowes, Faith No More, Soundgarden, ZZ Top, Stone Temple Pilots
----------------------------------------------------------

*Bob & Tom

Styles: Novelty, Shock Jock, Morning Radio
Biography: Comedy DJs Bob Kevoian and Tom Griswold broadcast The Bob & Tom Show every day from Indianapolis; their un-PC brand of sexual humor and the obligatory defecation jokes are carried on over 20 stations nationwide. The duo's first album of musical comedy.

Roots: Howard Stern

Similar Artists: Mancow, Pig Vomit
How does this fit in this poll?
-----------------------------------------------------------

*Toby Keith

Born: 7/8/1961 In: Clinton, OK

Styles: New Traditionalist, Contemporary Country

Biography: Toby Keith spent the '90s as a solid, workmanlike country star who met with considerable chart success yet never quite broke free of the neo-traditionalist pack to become a household name like Garth Brooks or Alan Jackson. That all changed in 2002 when he recorded "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American)," a super-patriotic response to September 11 that became one of country's most highly charged political statements since Merle Haggard's "Okie From Muskogee." The media furor ensured that even people with no knowledge of country music still knew him as "the guy with the 'boot in the ass' song," and helped make Keith a genuine phenomenon. Yet he'd been recording for nearly a decade prior and already had several chart-topping country singles to his credit.
Similar Artists: Clint Black, Collin Raye, George Strait, Dwight Yoakam, Tracy Lawrence, Tracy Byrd, Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney

Similar Artists: Clint Black, Collin Raye, George Strait, Dwight Yoakam, Tracy Lawrence, Tracy Byrd, Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney
--------------------------------------------------------

*50 Cent

Born: 7/6/1976 In: Queens, NY
Styles: Hardcore Rap, East Coast Rap
Biography: In many ways the ideal East Coast hardcore rapper, 50 Cent endured substantial obstacles throughout his young yet remarkably dramatic life before becoming in early 2003 the most-discussed figure in rap, if not pop music in general. Following an unsuccessful late-'90s run at mainstream success (foiled by an attempt on his life in 2000) and a successful run on the New York mix-tape circuit (driven by his early-2000s bout with Ja Rule), Eminem signed 50 to a seven-figure contract in 2002 and helmed his quick rise toward crossover success in 2003. The product of a broken home in the rough Jamaica neighborhood of Queens and, in turn, the storied hood's hustling streets themselves, 50 lived everything most rappers write rhymes about but never actually experience: drugs, crimes, imprisonments, stabbings, and, most infamously of all, shootings; all of this before he even released his debut album. Of course, such experiences became 50's rhetorical stock-in-trade. He reveled in his oft-told past, he called out wannabe gangstas, and he made headlines. He even looked like the ideal East Coast hardcore rapper: big-framed with oft-showcased biceps, abs, and tattoos as well as his trademark bulletproof vest, pistol, and iced crucifix. Furthermore, his distaste for flossing stunner-rappers and materialistic women -- yet somewhat paradoxically coupled with his appetite for guns, drugs, and wealth -- made him a welcome alternative to the bling-bling sect in the early 2000s.

Roots: Master Ace, MC Shan, Mobb Deep, Nas, The Notorious B.I.G., 2Pac

Similar Artists: AZ, Nas, DMX, Cormega, Stretch Armstrong, Cam'ron, Nature, Styles
-----------------------------------------------------------------

James Taylor
They guy who does the Sprint Commerical playing a guitar. I used to like him.

John Force
John Force Racing
Record setting NHRA POWERade Funny Car Champion, and Team Owner of the most dominating racecars in the Funny Car class.
How the hell does he fit in this Poll? Pick one... Music or funny Car?

Michael Jackson
Duuuuuuuuuur
"W" ?

*Source of information provided by AOL

Last edited by Wasabe; 03-19-2004 at 01:38 PM.

Quick Reply: poll.........I like ______________

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.