Extreme Marine Swim platforms >

Extreme Marine Swim platforms

Notices

Extreme Marine Swim platforms

Old 03-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Extreme Marine Swim platforms

Anyone have a transom pic of a single engine boat using the 2 small 14x24x9 platforms on each side?
Attached Thumbnails Extreme Marine Swim platforms-imag0009.jpg  
Old 03-22-2004, 11:33 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

Not sure about your request Joey, but Eric Garrett, formerly of Woodbridge, also, CheckmateF1 on OSO, had Extreme Marine make a black full transom platform for his 89 25 Convincor. Top was thru bolted; and the bottom was lagged. This is a pic of it:
Attached Thumbnails Extreme Marine Swim platforms-imag0022.jpg  
Old 03-22-2004, 11:44 AM
Registered

Thanks Brain, I was just getting ready to e-mail him for some pics. As you can remember, my C-mate had the factory (ugly as hell) platstic squared off steps on each side of the transom. My only complaint of Checkmates back then is the Bayliner looking swim platforms they used. Do you have any pics of Eric's boat in the water?
Old 03-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

I should, but will have to search tonight. Suffice to say, that platform was perfect, and he was very happy with it. They used the supports on the side as a ladder.

I do not think you will like separate steps on either side of the drive. Aggressor 25/Ty had them on his old 25 Sunsation, plastic ones similar to yours, and he was not happy as they were not very useful, and offered no protection for staying away from the drive/prop.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Registered

How far was Eric's from the waterline while at anchor? While sanding on mine on Saturday I was looking at the exhaust placement and it looks like a full length platform would end up being 2 feet (an exaggeration but you get what I'm talking about) from the water to clear the exhaust tips. I'm not a big fan of that look. I'm also not a big fan of a platform below the exhaust.

Last edited by Shah Mat; 03-22-2004 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shah, I don't mean to talk bad about Extreme, but the swim platform I bought from them is powdercoated. The areas where the bolt heads rub against the platform started to corrode and bubble. This wasa little disappointing since I've only had it three years.

Because I had a brain-fart last summer and bent it, I am now stripping the whole thing, and will use paint the second time around. It's much easier to repair if something happens. The powdercoating they use is some tough chit - I've spent days scrapping and stripping and I'm still not done yet..

just my $.02..
Old 03-22-2004, 06:02 PM
Registered

Too Old, what is that photo of? And can that be acquired from that South Carolina Marine Extravaganza.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:30 PM
Registered

fred whats the price for the steps? for two? and thanks for the awsome deal on the red wheel
Old 03-22-2004, 07:16 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Shah Mat,
What size Check do you have.. This is a pic of mine in the water, it used to be 28', now a 30' it grew while I was asleep.. And yes it is an Extreme Marine and when the powercoat starts to fall off, it will be sand blasted and painted, but I hope not soon.. So far so good!!

Dick
Attached Thumbnails Extreme Marine Swim platforms-boat-pic-gh-2003-.jpg  
Old 03-22-2004, 10:49 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Here is a decent pic, but best I have in digital format. Eric may have better for you.
Attached Thumbnails Extreme Marine Swim platforms-dscf0008.jpg  

Quick Reply: Extreme Marine Swim platforms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.