Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   2nd Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/75025-2nd-lake-champlain-milk-run-saturday-july-31st.html)

Airpacker 03-25-2004 03:04 PM

Funny, I remember asking about Kanookstr's where abouts several times and all I kept hearing was something about pansied out, lame broken boat excuse etc :)

Actually, I was told you were there just intime for food and beer :). Sorry I missed meeting ya but maybe you will make the run this year for real and we can meet;)

GLH 03-25-2004 03:08 PM

Originally posted by Airpacker
ohhhhhhh, so its Froggy then is it ? ;)
No problem here with Froggy, Mr. swan dive Loganis. :frog:

Airpacker 03-25-2004 03:10 PM

Originally posted by GLH
Do square headed Ontarians ask stupid questions?

The Spot!!!

http://www.nakedturtle.net/TurtleTxtsss.gif

I don't know but if I ever meet one, I'll ask for ya :)

p.s. I hear the turtle has a new food item on the menu just for Doc John, deep fried salt in a salt batter covered with rough ground sea salt and served with a side order of salt and fries :):)

Kanookstr 03-25-2004 03:11 PM

Actually, I was told you were there just intime for food and beer :). Sorry I missed meeting ya but maybe you will make the run this year for real and we can meet;)

Of all the stops to miss. I wasn't going to miss that one AirPacker...LOL The nice thing about it was I didn't have to drive back to the cottage.... That's a first for me. It's usually my boat we always take...:D :D

GLH 03-25-2004 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Kanookstr
Rookie????? Where you that drunk by lunch that you don't remember me being there GLH????:crazy:
My boat might not of been there, but I made it in Kevin's boat. you remember ??? the 20' Chris Craft with the 351 ford engine that beat the Café racer W/twin 502's to the Turtle.:D :D If I remember you weren't the last one there, but there wasn't more than 2 boat behind you, And the only reason for that was because they didn't know where to go...:crazy: :crazy:

Impressive disertation there Kanook now exactlly where was your trailer queen RV again.

And that Cafe was a tough old bird man, we did upgrade a tad during the winter both in age, years and power.

I hope you make it to the starting line this year Claude, it would be a MAJOR improvement compare to last year!

Here's a pic of Kanook's RV!

GLH 03-25-2004 03:16 PM

I hear the turtle has a new food item on the menu just for Doc John, deep fried salt in a salt batter covered with rough ground sea salt and served with a side order of salt and fries :):)
Doc says Hi BTW talked to him two weeks ago. Man that guy loves salt it was impressive!

GLH 03-25-2004 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Kanookstr
...W/twin 502's...
Changed mills but we still have stock... god knows I don't want to deal with all the crap associated with slapping a procharger on an engine. A buddy of mine had water pressure, head gasket, oil cooler....... problems last ye... ho wait that was you never mind then you know the wisdom of having stock Merc engines.

Kanookstr 03-25-2004 03:26 PM

LOL!!!!!:p Ya those stock merc 600's never break. There so good at not breaking, that they still make them.:crazy: :crazy:

mopower 03-25-2004 03:26 PM

Originally posted by GLH
It use to be a train track bridging to the Islands it was decommissioned in the '70s and the rotating bridge was taken out.
You can see it in the satellite picture of Leg 1 we go north/west and after going thru the same cut as the picture head south toward Burlington.

"OOOHHHHH, I see" said the blind man:D I really didn't think it was a road or track since they weren't joint in any way. Just a hole on the middle...that explains it. Thanks.

Airpacker 03-25-2004 03:35 PM

Mopower, you should feel what its like trying to find that gap in the fog and rain when you have only seen it twice the day before. Kinda eery I'll tell ya. you miss and its game over.