Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Brand new thread on new STEPS >

Brand new thread on new STEPS

Notices

Brand new thread on new STEPS

Old 03-26-2004, 10:10 PM
LPA2106

...well I am going out in a 10 meter next week...and every good meeting online line or in person...the first rule "is to agree to disagree"....and hey you guys are experienced....

Old 03-27-2004, 12:58 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by Hot Boat
Just another engineer with a above average IQ. They all seem to speak some secret language that average people don't quite understand. LOL
You might have a point but then again he might be full of crap filling up molds at the Fountain factory!

Last edited by GLH; 03-27-2004 at 06:11 AM.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might have a point but then again he might be full of sh!t filling up molds at the Fountain factory!
Old 03-27-2004, 12:52 PM
LPA2106

....just finished another one guys

E-mail from a dealer 2004 Fountain..
...staggered engines..brand new out of the box...75's....under 200k,,,...Hp 500's...and I have pushed a lightening 42' into a turn hard and great recovery...tracks like on rails...but still looking..

....a winner in every way....I just wanted to try out some Cigs and maybe an Apache'....but I still am heading in this direction...I will let Reggie fill the molds..fyi...I would love a ride in an OL...not one dealer I contacted would allow it even with a deposit and credit approval..interesting? I slammed a 12 meter around last summer in Anchor Bay Michigan...a red one...maybe some of you around here know the boat...it had custom re-powered 900's....now that can definately run with the best of the older Cig's...

....my findings are for what I am looking for in the Fountain line I just need to go bigger...and the 42' is the one...you get that "feeling you are in the boat" kinda thing...I was in a 47' Fountain last season with triple 502's and it is a huge boat..very solid and man to spin one out would be a result of really bad weather and speed...certainly with that power...

...so my focus is on riding a 41' Apache and an OL in the same size range ....then if the other 2 really impress me and the price for a NEW one is what I deem a good value maybe that's the direction...I am waiting to see pricing on the new Apaches too...what would I pay? Well if you can get a mint condition 41' for about 200k that is say 12 years old or so...a new one with Sterlings..which is what I would want to go with....I think
it should be priced between a Cig 38' and 42'...so say 400's? Good guess Steve1?
Attached Thumbnails Brand new thread on new STEPS-42ex.jpg  

Last edited by LPA2106; 03-27-2004 at 01:11 PM.

Old 03-27-2004, 03:14 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Fightclub
What port did you go out of?
Same one used by the starship Enterprise...........
Old 03-27-2004, 06:10 PM
LPA2106

...took a haul to St Clair Shores where a guy who met me at the boat show has a Pantera he bought several years back...it's a 28' with small block strokers...the boat was all white...no graphics...and it looked really good I must say....for a tank of Texas Tea we went out for a spin....and I must say...that if I ever wanted a 28' boat...the job is done...it was fairly calm today...we were the only nuts out there besides some utility boats...didn't go looking for the top speed just handling characteristics....and the boat is in my humble opinion is something I would put in my pyramid to take to the next world if I were King Tut...or the likes of him...Quality...I like the way the "bow action is" if that makes sense...it has the feel of the recently tested Cig TG...some boats got it and some don't it's hard to explain...this has it...and I like it with twin small block strokers..I think they are custom 383's...nice combo...merc Bravos...they never dyno'd them but they must be around 450HP...and good torque...pulls out of the hole great...a blast to turn in...hit a few rollers and you seem them coming but it's just a little tapping on the steering wheel you feel...when you expect some bounce...must be a sharp 24 degree hull...it has Aronow style to be sure...I know we did that recent poll....and Pantera held it's own....but you have to really maneuver one to understand the boats solidity and manners..it's a true offshore...and now back to my factory job....I did run a 29' Fountain...and my feeling in comparing the two,,,is that they have a lot of similarities...which would I personally buy? It's a coin toss handling wise and quality wise...I think it's a styling and personal preference decision thing...and then secondly speed and engine choice thing...both are a blast..and a smaller boat (vs. a 42') on a river or smaller lake is easy to call...the "p" boat may be more at home in the rougher stuff...hard to say without trying and we didn't have the opportunity a few years back in the 29' Fountain to ascertain that....but let's just say the Pantera 28' is in my top 4 list....right now here is where I am at...

#1.....2004 42' Fountain with stag Hp 500's

#2 Older Cig 38' TG in mint cond.

#3 Older Apache 41' in mint condition

#4 Pantera 28' with custom strokers

Old 03-27-2004, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ez Fred, the 25 Fontain is a very nice boat.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:24 PM
LPA2106

the 28' Pantera feels like a 32' boat...it's really appealing from a style vantage point too...and the Fountain 29'er single engine is a fun boat...

The Cig/Apache/OL/Bigger Fountains/Bigger Formulas/Magnums are really a whole different breed....I went out in a 30 something Magnum a few years back..it was "well broken in" had Chrysler engins...painted black...red interior...with 'Giglio" painted on the side...it was still a boat worth having re-done...the ride was amazing...I just had to give that Pantera a test ride...and it was worth it...

fyi a Broker is looking into this 47' Aronow ..which is supposed to be mint...90+
Attached Thumbnails Brand new thread on new STEPS-aronow.jpg  

Old 03-27-2004, 07:38 PM
LPA2106

someone sent me this..27' Magnum..very nice...383's 400 + hp twins..redone from bottom up... deal 60k

...not what I am looking for but hey...I have several brokers looking now...why not? I heard from one broker i have onboard that a couple years back a 41 Apache that was in a garage used probably "for a transport job" one time went on auction by the feds un-noticed and the reserve of 25k was met...and it turned around the next day for 50k...actual worth? 250k

the 47' mag is a repo
Attached Thumbnails Brand new thread on new STEPS-27mag.jpg  

Last edited by LPA2106; 03-27-2004 at 08:30 PM.

Old 03-27-2004, 07:48 PM
LPA2106

yea this is that 29' Fountain...with a single HP 500 is a deal ..check around..and this thing really handles well!
Attached Thumbnails Brand new thread on new STEPS-29fv_800.jpg  

Quick Reply: Brand new thread on new STEPS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.