Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake Erie waterfront property owners. >

Lake Erie waterfront property owners.

Notices
View Poll Results: should the state take private waterfront property for public use?
That is unconstitutional.
58.62%
Yes we should be able to use all beaches and land around the Lake.
3.45%
Alan4 is a putz.
37.93%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Lake Erie waterfront property owners.

Old 03-26-2004, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Erie waterfront property owners.

O.k. What is the Oso opinion of the new law they are trying to pass, about making all Lake Erie waterfront property from hi to low watermark public?

Last edited by JUST ONCE; 03-26-2004 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you own it, how can they take it away. sounds like crap
Old 03-26-2004, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And, allan4 is a putz
Old 03-26-2004, 08:33 AM
Registered

Originally posted by BajaRunner
if you own it, how can they take it away. sounds like crap
Its called "eminent domain" and it is a bunch of crap..........
Old 03-26-2004, 08:39 AM
Registered

Actually...this doesnt sound like eminent domain.....what is the law there concerning where your property ends....is it up to the water line??? I think this is call reparian rights or something like that....I know that in Florida , in some areas the beach is indeed public in front of some homes....Naples Florida for instance...and these are massive homes....I am surprised that the property owners have not tried to privatize the beach yet.....all it takes is money.......
Old 03-26-2004, 08:41 AM
Registered

If this passes I can go outside and watch people tie off at my dock, sit and tan on my lawn and I can't do a thing about it. Its total B.S. The ODNR is persuading people with crap lines like "why should the few wealthy be the only ones to enjoy the Lake erie shorelines." WTF is that chit. There are plenty of public beaches, I am not wealthy but worked hard for what I have and deserve by right of fee simple absolute ownership to enjoy it. PERIOD.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:43 AM
Registered

I agree....but I doubt that they will be able to tie off to your dock...or lounge on your lawn.....that is private property.....but they would be able to sit on the beach in front of you house.......I am assuming that they probably walk past your house on the beach now....is this correct?
Old 03-26-2004, 08:46 AM
Registered

reparian rights states that you own the land under the water to your property line. if the water is navagable it is subject to governmental regulation. The law as it stands now follows current waterlines so if the water is down the land exposed is yours as long as it is in your marked land boundaries. They are trying to make the land public from the hi water mark, which in lake Erie these days is way up on land from current. Some lots I've seen even have buildings and improvements over this line.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:50 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Spitfire1
I agree....but I doubt that they will be able to tie off to your dock...or lounge on your lawn.....that is private property.....but they would be able to sit on the beach in front of you house.......I am assuming that they probably walk past your house on the beach now....is this correct?
no, all the neighboring properties are private with no public easements so now there is no public access.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:52 AM
Registered

So in other words ....they are trying to make the beach area public in front of your home......do you live in a community with an association??? If so I would be trying to get everyone involved to plead your case....some associations pull a lot of weight.......Good luck to you....I remember when Lake Erie caught on fire several years ago..........I guess the Lake has cleaned up quite a bit since then.....

Quick Reply: Lake Erie waterfront property owners.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.