Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
cigarette - anyone know this boat? >

cigarette - anyone know this boat?

Notices

cigarette - anyone know this boat?

Old 03-23-2004, 06:25 PM
jeff bratton

Default cigarette - anyone know this boat?

anyone know this cigarette?http://www.cooperss.com/assetdetail....9dccf7643e32d1

Old 03-23-2004, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vandilism or a jealous wife?I hate when that happens!
Old 03-23-2004, 06:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Not a bad deal. Wonder why the insurance company totalled if thats the case.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

did the wrong stabbin' in the cabin
Old 03-23-2004, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like it was cost effective enough to trash the boat than sell it...sad
Old 03-23-2004, 10:00 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,811 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally posted by cig1988
Not a bad deal. Wonder why the insurance company totalled if thats the case.

"Details of damage" listed on the site. He screwed around on the wrong woman.

"Overall condition of vessel is good. Vessel vandalized. Key marks along all areas of hull. Port gas tank ruptured allowing fuel into hull. Swim platform damaged, dashboard damaged, Cockpit interior slashed including sundeck. Gimble houses broken. All upholstery slashed. Water poured in motors. Oil changed, internal damage unknown."
Old 03-23-2004, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Griff
"Details of damage" listed on the site. He screwed around on the wrong woman.

"Overall condition of vessel is good. Vessel vandalized. Key marks along all areas of hull. Port gas tank ruptured allowing fuel into hull. Swim platform damaged, dashboard damaged, Cockpit interior slashed including sundeck. Gimble houses broken. All upholstery slashed. Water poured in motors. Oil changed, internal damage unknown."
Holy Chit!!! The owner really pissed somebody off bigtime!
Old 03-24-2004, 02:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sounds like an Insurance job.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:13 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

My guess with the pics there;
Seats, cuts eng pad, interior partition damages; $4000
Buff & fix key marks and a couple clears; $5000

Engines look like 500's or Bulldogs with home made addition of B&M 420 Blowers to equate 600hp's depending on boost to get running and god knows the condition: $???

Refurbish bravo's ; $5000
you should actually put XR's on this kind of package and sell the used Bravo's; $10,000 net

Gimbles:$5000

Most likely Props refurbished; $500

Gas Tanks if it is the standard failure for those are about a $3000k fix and Cigarette will supply the new-tanks

Looking at $28k-$30k in repairs before looking at the engines---

My summary opinion on one scenario if anyone cares might be that with this set up the person might of blown a drive or damaged an engine also add the gas tank failure could not afford fixing it or did not research the tank failure enough to take advantage of the warranty issue.
That boat with 500's and bravos sold new in 2000 for around $315k to $325 since this is on the market now this destruction probably happened last fall, if the owner only put 20% down he owed $255k originally 3 years later maybe around $240k.
Realistically could only get $160k max with the broken drive and tank leaking and I'm being generous. Figured he's 80k upside down on the deal have the thing trashed and deal with insurance.
I doubt the insurance would pay on such suspicious vandalism so it was brought back to the finance company who wrote it off and sold it to this yard or are having it sold by this yard.

Boat once fixed up I would venture around $170k to$180k since there is only one on the market remotely comparable to that.
Might be a marginal deal around $100k and under to keep it. And under $80k to fix and flip for a good wrench that can put the time in it.

My very humble opinion of course and all speculations.

I searched for the Name with the Cost Guard and nothing came up either it has not been renewed in the last 18 months or there was no Mortgage on the boat and it was not registered(might be good).

Anyone interested in this might want to call here;
http://www.jpindustrial.com/
This is the company that the Logo at the back of the boat represent you might get answers there by digging a little.

Once fixed this is a kick azz rig and will go around 80 MPH. I love mine.

I hope my humble opinion helps and Good luck with it whoever is trying to get it.

Last edited by GLH; 03-24-2004 at 05:15 AM.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:25 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Also;
Description says 7.4L Mercs I think that is wrong they look like 500's with blower

Props say 26" maybe when the 500's where stock. With the blowers if those engine work that thing might of been way under propped then... That leads to thinking maybe some cowboy slapped blowers on without propping it right and blew it right up! If the pulley generates 5# of boost it needs a 30" prop labbed if more than 5# than it was really messed up with a 26" prop.

Serial number means that this boat was the Tiger Manufactured before mine. The 3rd one for the model year 2000.

Again just a few details hope this helps in your evaluation.

Quick Reply: cigarette - anyone know this boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.