Notices

OSO, What's Up?

Old 03-25-2004, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question OSO, What's Up?

Ok, don't know who the new moderator is here but i'm a little confused. Quite a few threads have been moved lately and i'm wondering why? I agree some of them should have been moved, but not all of them. A thread was posted about a OSO get together in Boston this weekend and it was moved to off topic. How could a meeting of OSO members be off topic? Not all members read the off topic section. So to try and get the best turn out for the event, the post was made in the general section. There have been many threads in the past about OSO meetings in the general section, why all of a sudden is that a bad thing? Some of these previous threads have been locked to the top of the page by OSO. You would think OSO would want its members to actually put a face to their screen names and become friends. Now if somebody wants to post info or ask questions they can't. I'm not trying to start anything here and I hope I'm not coming across that way. I really just don't understand whats going on?

Last edited by impulsive; 03-25-2004 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I can't begin to comment on any of your questions. But I do see A LOT of OT posts in the Genreal Discussion area that NEED to be in the OT forum. Why people don't use the OT forum like it's meant to be used has been something that's confused me for a few months now.

Good luck on the questions.

Buck
Old 03-25-2004, 07:57 PM
Registered

Good questions impulsive......looking forward to the answers myself. Maybe a policy change?
Old 03-25-2004, 07:59 PM
Registered

I agree. gatherings and such should remain right here.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OR............. we could all stop using and reading this section and make the OT section the new General section D:

Rag's
Old 03-25-2004, 08:48 PM
Registered

I was worried my post from earlier today should have been in OT, but I wasn't sure. Now the post is on page 2, says moved, and when I click on it, it invites me to become a member. I have checked OT, and it isn't there. I checked Uncensored, so I'm not banned. (yet ) I don't get it. I still say when it comes to moderation, less is more.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:49 PM
Registered

Originally posted by ragtop409
OR............. we could all stop using and reading this section and make the OT section the new General section D:

Rag's
I DO see your point.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:50 PM
Registered

I agree with Buck. The offtopic section is there for a reason. Lets use it. However, the GD gets all the traffic so that's where most people look to post as well. It could be a policy change or a philosophy change, either way some of it is needed. However if its over moderated OSO will lose what has made it so great.

They way I use OSO, I come into the site then go to 'view new posts'. This keeps me from having to jump to every forum to see what's going on.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:16 PM
Registered

OSO has moved the thread back. Thanks OSO! I agree with you guys about threads that should be in OT. However, my only point was this particular thread about a gathering. Anyway, its back and your all invited Saturday.

Again, thanks OSO for your extremely fast response. Hope we have a good turn out Saturday and I'll post pics of Audio and Sutphen30 getting slammed into the wall!
Old 03-25-2004, 09:55 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for doing that Impulsive. I was going to fire a letter to OSO asking them to move it back but you beat me to the punch

Jon

Quick Reply: OSO, What's Up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.