Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wow!! just picked up a new Sea Doo RXP-215hp 70+mph (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/75276-wow-just-picked-up-new-sea-doo-rxp-215hp-70-mph.html)

Maximus 03-28-2004 08:00 AM

Wow!! just picked up a new Sea Doo RXP-215hp 70+mph

You should have seen the guy's face in the 30 ft fourmula as I went by...poor guy I think I saw his girl punch his arm....dooooh!

Holy Smoke's is this thing fast! Supercharged 4 stroke.....When you give it throttle you can hear the supercharger winding up..kinda cool.

For those of you that like to get out and have some fun with a ski once and a while I recomend you go take one of these things for a spin.

This ain't your dad's oldsmobile.

Very quiet and stable.

Maximus

And for those of you who want to start something negative about skis...think about the yo yo's in sailboats and canoes that complain about our offshore boats....Chill.

BajaFresh 03-28-2004 08:22 AM

Damn LAKE LICE! :eek: J/K :D :D :D

I used to have a Sea Doo GTX three seater. I'd take it out on the Pacific and go wave jumping. It was like riding motocross on the water, always had a blast with it. I always felt safer riding that in big water than I did in boats. I always figured that if I got dumped I could just flip it back over and get on and go again. Can't do that with a boat!

Do you ride your in the ocean?

TeamSonic42 03-28-2004 08:26 AM

Gotta couple of Yamaha 1100 3 seaters. Been low 60's. Lots of fun, great ride and very stable. Like Baja said, just like moto cross. Riding in the big swells is just great.

The expression on some peoples faces is priceless as you ride next to or pass em...... :D

CAP071 03-28-2004 09:30 AM

I had a worked XP a few years back I use to walk by my buddy's 25 Baja outlaw :D

eyezlee 03-28-2004 09:45 AM

is that GPS speed? :):):)

CAP071 03-28-2004 09:48 AM

not Gps speed But all I know. I use to blow by some smaller speed boats and they couldn't catch me :crazy:

georges 03-28-2004 11:01 AM

I recently sold my '99 GP1200 w/ all the Riva handling mods.
Top speed was only about 63, but you got there in around 7 seconds!
Squeeze the throttle and hang onto it! It was a lot of fun, always rode in the ocean, did a lot of slalom racing too. I miss it.

buck183 03-28-2004 12:32 PM

Originally posted by eyezlee
is that GPS speed? :):):)
Ditto.

Congrats on the purchase. They are a lot of fun. I personally find more entertainment on a stand up myself, but it's better than spending life on the couch every weekend. ;)

Buck

Maximus 03-28-2004 06:39 PM

not ordinary

Guys.

This is not like ANYTHING you have ridin before. I generaly buy a new ski each year ride it and sell it....Always a Musclecraft. I've been on fast ones and kinda fast...worked skis and stock. This thing is so quiet (sounds like a car) Handling is outragous like an XP but better

This ski did 70.2MPH on GPS this morning..full of fuel...out of the box, two years of warranty (WAAS, newest technology gps)

Thres a local beach where all the skis hang out...You can always find a race....After smoking a few no one would come out an play....When you graab a handful It pulls so hard all you can do is ....YAhhoooooooo.

I highly recomend you find a ride on one.

I'll take a picture of the engine and post it

Love Wave jumping!!!

Maximus

kitten 03-28-2004 09:33 PM

;) Turbo?...Can you say Polaris? :D

Mine is very quiet!