Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Vance & Hines Exhaust (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/75383-vance-hines-exhaust.html)

Shane 03-29-2004 12:14 PM

Vance & Hines Exhaust

I just bought, or should I say STOLE (figuratively of course:rolleyes: ) a 2003 Honda VTX 1800 C. The bike has 40 miles on it, of which I put on 2. I would like to find a set of Vance & Hines Big Shot pipes used. Anybody have any they want to sell or know someone that does?

Thanks.

Shane

P.S. I have a Skater, a Formula and 2 PWC's and since I mentioned them in this thread it is BOATING RELATED!:cool:

97BossHammer 03-29-2004 12:48 PM

don't have any for sale...but I will say good choice......like the sound of those.

Shane 03-29-2004 01:32 PM

:cool:

DoTheMath 03-29-2004 01:59 PM

Shane, I disagree (sorry bud, but you know someone had to) - when I had my Harleys, (a '00 Low Rider most recently) I looked at EVERY pipe on the market, I listened to 95% of them including the V&H's and didn't like 'em, sound-wise and $$$-wise. Not to mention the quality was so-so at best. My opinion - for what it's worth - would be to look at Samson or Cycle Shack. I did Cycle Shacks for the FXDL and they were soooo nice, high quality and sounded great, not to mention priced right. Granted you have a "metric cruiser" as they are now called, and I am not sure if CS makes 'em for your ride, but I know Samson does, worth a look?

Just my .02 - good luck with whatever you go with, that bike would be my first choice for a Honda-Davidson if I was going to go that way, mean-A$$ machine!!;) :D

Oh, and I have had a 22 Pachanga, (2) Formulas and I am not sure what I want to buy next - soooo many boats so little time.:p

Shane 03-29-2004 02:23 PM

DoTheMath,

Thanks for the input. I am going to look for them now!

Shane:)

DoTheMath 03-29-2004 02:31 PM

Shane~

Try:

www.samsonusa.com

or

www.cycle-shack.com

BTW, Cycle Shack also made the best numbers on the chassis dyno on the HD 88, and this was with minor carb work and an air box swap. Woke the bike right up for about $250 +/-:cool:

Mail order is gonna be your best bet $$$-wise, I looked at Dennis Kirk and J&P, they both had great prices.

Oops - almost forgot - I went 105mph in a 30' cat, what a rush!!!:D

Shane 03-29-2004 02:33 PM

Originally posted by DoTheMath
Shane~

Try:

www.samsonusa.com

or

www.cycle-shack.com

BTW, Cycle Shack also made the best numbers on the chassis dyno on the HD 88, and this was with minor carb work and an air box swap. Woke the bike right up for about $250 +/-:cool:

Mail order is gonna be your best bet $$$-wise, I looked at Dennis Kirk and J&P, they both had great prices.

Thanks for the links. I was having trouble finding the cycle shack.:o

DoTheMath 03-29-2004 02:34 PM

No problem! What color bike did you end up getting?

bajabob38 03-29-2004 03:41 PM

Shane.

I have a set of VH on my Harley, they sound great!!! try this site.

WWW.DENNISKIRK.COM

Shane 03-29-2004 03:46 PM

Originally posted by DoTheMath
No problem! What color bike did you end up getting?
The burgundy/red. I will see if I can take some digital pics tomorrow and upload them. I have never done it before.:rolleyes: