Notices

So Cal Help Please:

Old 03-26-2004, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts
Default So Cal Help Please:

Looking for a new trailer for my 28' Cig. West Coast Trailers quoted me $4300 for tandem aluminum w/disks, spare, 2 spd winch, galv'd wheels. Will help sell my old trailer on consignment. Seems reasonable.

http://www.westcoasttrailers.com/

Pirate Marine in Ohio has comprable set up for $3039 plus about $350 for delivery. The problem is he doesn't have any other west coast orders and it would cost about $2500 to ship out one trailer!

Any recommendations for local trailer dealers? Or anyone else need trailers for a group buy from Pirate?

Link to Pirate site:

http://members.aol.com/piratemarinenet/home.html
Old 03-26-2004, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a biased opinion on West Coast Trailers because Wayne is a close friend. I will say this, I have yet to see anyone else stand behind a product the way he does. He sells it, then shows up at the ramp and sets it up for you (Correctly). Takes the time to make sure it loads right. If there is a problem later with a new trailer, he stands behind his warranties. I have seen the guy walk out of restaurants during dates to help customers over the phone after hours (The reason he is still single). And the quality of trailer far surpasses the price. If you do purchase a trailer from him, and are not happy, please let me know. I push his product to many people and have yet to hear one bad review.

MD
Old 03-26-2004, 12:19 PM
Registered

On a side note: Will you be at the SCOPE kickoff party this sunday? We all hope to meet you in person. If you need any info please look at the SCOPE board.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:40 PM
Registered

Originally posted by IDRPSTF
On a side note: Will you be at the SCOPE kickoff party this sunday? We all hope to meet you in person. If you need any info please look at the SCOPE board.
Thanks for the info on Wayne. He was very helpful on the phone and offered to send someone to my home to help take measurements of my boat. I will probably place an order with him Monday morning if I don't get any other 'enlightening" info here.

I may go to the SCOPE thing. I live a couple miles from Kevin Schulte and he is supposed to get his new Gun today so we may take that out on Sunday. Or I may splash my Cig for the first time too! He said that SCOPE thing was in Irvine so it's a bit of a drive as I am in Simi Valley. I'll try to make it. Hope to see you there if I do.

-Al
Old 03-26-2004, 01:23 PM
Registered

If you take your boat out Sat. and need help launching, let me know. I will be doing some cleaning on my boat at the dunes.

MD
Old 03-26-2004, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Al-

Congrats on the new boat! Come on down to the kick off party! Just do it! If you wanna ride, we're heading down early. I have to help set up the video stuff for the BlueSpeed movie!!

Let me know! [email protected]
Old 03-26-2004, 02:55 PM
Registered

Hi Nort!

Thanks!

Kevin just got his Gun so we are about to head to Channel Islands for a blast.

I'll e-mail you.

-A

Last edited by Baja Fresh; 03-26-2004 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bajafresh,

FYI, there is a guy who started making aluminum trailers here in So Cal. I had him make me one for my 38 V bottom and it turned out incredible. Used all the best stuff. Price was right too. My boat is at Archers (for awhile) so you can check it out if you come down to Newport in the next couple weeks.

www.abtrailers.com

Jody Martin

Last edited by jody165; 03-28-2004 at 05:24 AM.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:49 PM
Registered

I was there from about noon to 2 PM or so. Where you there?

I tried to PM you but you don't have that option turned on.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a biased opinion on West Coast Trailers because Wayne is a close friend. I will say this, I have yet to see anyone else stand behind a product the way he does. He sells it, then shows up at the ramp and sets it up for you (Correctly). Takes the time to make sure it loads right. If there is a problem later with a new trailer, he stands behind his warranties. I have seen the guy walk out of restaurants during dates to help customers over the phone after hours (The reason he is still single). And the quality of trailer far surpasses the price. If you do purchase a trailer from him, and are not happy, please let me know. I push his product to many people and have yet to hear one bad review.

MD
I know Wayne (from West Coast trailers) also. He is a straight up guy. My boss bought a trailer form him last year and Wayne did help him set the trailer to make sure it fit perfect.

Quick Reply: So Cal Help Please:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.