Top Gun insurance in fla.....OUCH! >

Top Gun insurance in fla.....OUCH!

Notices

Top Gun insurance in fla.....OUCH!

Old 04-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Thanks for all the replies. Moving forward slowly.

Greg
Old 04-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got off the phone with Sy on my 2000 Tiger

$3100.00 You guys had me a little nervous that I wouldnt be able to afford the insurance on this new ride

I braced myself for the worst so that ## didnt hurt a bit

Thanx SY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Buzz Fyhrie

Lightbulb Low cost of insurance today!!

I agree with Sy, you guys are only thinking of the cost to yourselves not what's going on out there in the real world and what the insurance companies are paying out on all the marine insurance total theft, partial theft, hitting submerged objects and major crash claims with injuries.

I've been writing HP boats for 15 years since 1988! Back then the rates were typically in the 3.00 to 4.00 range and it was only available from Lloyds Underwriters. In the past 10 years as more and more insurance companies got into the HP boat ins fray the competition for market share drove the prices down to the 1.00 to 2.00 range and at the same time faster and faster v-hull boats and cats were coming into the market place. Most of those new insurance companies didn't have a clue what they were insuring or what rates were appropriate. They got burned by the numerious claims. lost money and then they got out. Now there are only two real Underwriters for HP insurance and I have access to both of them. Getting insuraance for the 120+ MPH speed boats is a diminishing prospect. Some combinations are possible but not all. Call me if I can help on your HP Insurance.

PS: I have an idea, who would be willing to pay to attend a 2-3 day HP Offshore Boating School, put on by World Championship offshore racers, if it would make a difference in getting your fast boat insurance and maybe, just maybe even a discount? Who knows, you might even learn a trick or two.
BUZZ
www.pmafastins.com

Old 04-02-2004, 12:31 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

D@mn! Expresscat39 I want your job. You've got all the toys I want/crave...

I've got a couple of hours logged in the Piper Arrow Turbo...
Old 04-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Default Re: Low cost of insurance today!!

Originally posted by Buzz Fyhrie
PS: I have an idea, who would be willing to pay to attend a 2-3 day HP Offshore Boating School, put on by World Championship offshore racers, if it would make a difference in getting your fast boat insurance and maybe, just maybe even a discount? Who knows, you might even learn a trick or two.
BUZZ
www.pmafastins.com
Buzz/Sy - aren't most boating accidents related to alcohol? I don't think a school will help this. I doubt if a majority of boating accidents are related to not knowing how to drive a boat.

Buzz, to answer your question, I'd be willing to attend a class. Heck, that would be a dream come true, just like they have the Nascar driving classes.

Here's another idea. I sell computer systems. We will not even install the system until the customer sends people to the appropriate training classes. How about if manufacturer's included a powerboat training class in the price of a boat? If you can't afford to attend the class, you shouldn't be buying the boat.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:50 PM
Registered

Default Re: Re: Low cost of insurance today!!

Originally posted by Cignificant
- aren't most boating accidents related to alcohol?
Just received my new regisration for WI. In our state, 30% of all wrecks involve alcohol. I thought it would be more. Wonder what the rest of USA is?
Old 04-02-2004, 03:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Step bottom V hull - the next target with the insurance companies-------
Old 04-03-2004, 08:15 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default INSURANCE !

I just got the news,2 new programs coming and some new staff members.I will advise as things progress.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:07 AM
check freak

Just got my ins bill from progressive, it went up $130. I guess with the type of $ you guys are spending this is no big deal, but it still sucks. By the way, that is on a 97 Checkmate 242 Convincor with a 502 carb.

Old 04-03-2004, 03:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Buzz-
I'd be willing to attend such a school too. It's a great idea and would be even better if you could get the inexperienced boat owners to attend!

OT-I like the photo of my ex Chris Cat on your web site. (It now belongs to a guy in the Mid West)

John

Quick Reply: Top Gun insurance in fla.....OUCH!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.