Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Shipping car, boat, heavy equipment, cycles >

Shipping car, boat, heavy equipment, cycles

Notices

Shipping car, boat, heavy equipment, cycles

Old 04-02-2004, 09:48 AM
hugonb

Default Shipping car, boat, heavy equipment, cycles

Just wanted to let you know our new web application is now available. This site is called www.shipmyride.com.
It came about because I am a car and boat nut. I have bought and sold 6 cars and boats, in other states using ebay, boattrader.com, collectorcartrader.com, and this site. Trying to get the thing home or to the buyer was a major pain. Either you get a runaround from a broker (It is hard to tell them from an actual carrier), or the carrier wants to pick it up when they have a truck in the neighborhood (4-6 weeks).

I am in the software business, and have been writing transportation systems for over 10 years. I thought that an Ebay type site, where carriers from all over the country (state carriers, regional carriers, and national carriers) as a foundation for a carrier network cound "BID" on shipments as they are entered.

The shipper, either an individual, or dealership, could go to 1 place, enter a request, and receive bids from the carriers. They could select based on Pickup, Delivery, Price or Rating. It would be their choice. No runaround from Brokers. The shipper could also rate the carrier and the overall rating for the carrier would be maintained in the system. If the shipper is a dealership, they have the ability to go back, look and review their shipping costs, online because we retain historical data.

Being we are a software company, we dont have any interest in any of the carriers. All are equal. So bidding is between the carrier and the shipper.

Carriers would benefit because they could now have a nice way of picking up back hauls, and shippers could take advantage of a one stop, bid approach and save money based on the competition of the carriers.

Our site is now available, so if anyone needs to ship a car, boat, cycle, or heavy equipment, you can go to www.shipmyride.com. It is free to the shipper. Carriers pay a software license fee for the use.

Thanks

Old 04-02-2004, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good idea. Good luck.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool idea... next time a customer asks me how to ship a car.. I'll give them the site url........