Sarasota Poker Run

Old 04-06-2004, 09:20 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by WARPARTY36
Chris was driving that boat like a video game

Then they told us how crazy we were.
Confirmed. NOBODY ran like you guys. "Un ortho docs" passed everyone at some point.

It's really too bad that very few people knew the course though. It was kinda nerve racking, especially since so many boats sucked sand throughout the weekend.

XXX was the most impressive, as you would expect. I ran next to them purposely to get a good look while running. "Full House" was a really nice setup too.

The water was rough, but not bad. The two girls on my boat loved it, so it couldn't have been too sloppy.

Outer42 I was docked right next to you in the Top Gun at the Hyatt. I was going to say hi Friday but you guys were tweaking on your Sterlings. I didn't want to interupt.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:45 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Does anyone know the name of the marina in Sarasota that hoisted a few boats in? We pulled in there Friday morning and they wanted $960.00 to lift the boat in and out. We politely told him to get f***** and left. That guy should have been holding a gun and given us some Vaseline at that price!
Old 04-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Charter Member #996
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by outer42
batgirl, thanks. Don't feel bad Johny o who owns all fired up,42 gtx was riding with mike in xxx messed up his ankle bad before leaving the dock getting it caught between two boats. it was tight in the slips near the boathouse and someone was going to hit it and he tried to stop it and slipped.
Get better Johnny if you read this or Anna.
thanks scott. i'll pass it along to him. he's a mess. the swelling is all the way up his leg now. i knew it wasn't going to be pretty when he has to pass up us riding with mike & bob to go hang out in the emergency room.

the real riot was getting john out of the hotel during the fire alarms at 1am. what the hell was going on that night? thanks to the crew who carried him up and down the 4 flights of stairs!
Old 04-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Warparty,

it was good to meet you this weekend. You guys looked good out there. Weather like that makes you apreciaite the bigger boats. We ran as fast as 95-100 outside for a while on the first leg, but like you said earlier, we had to slow down to figure out where we were.

Most people went in the inlet about 12 miles to early.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Animal, it was great meeting you guys. I don't think we got over 80 on the outside, but not very many boats went that fast or had the kahuna's to stay in it for any length of time. Freedom Jim was wanting to run upfront with you guys, and had tranny problems. I think I will be back in the fall for Cheeta's.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheeta's first, poker run second. That is the priority list for October.
Old 04-06-2004, 05:50 PM
Registered

Talking

Originally posted by Baja Daze
It's a stunning boat!

The fender dangling over the side looks good...
Old 04-06-2004, 06:03 PM
Registered

Originally posted by WARPARTY36
Animal, it was great meeting you guys. I don't think we got over 80 on the outside, but not very many boats went that fast or had the kahuna's to stay in it for any length of time. Freedom Jim was wanting to run upfront with you guys, and had tranny problems. I think I will be back in the fall for Cheeta's.
Cheetahs, isn't that the quaint little coffee shop with the violin music being played?
Old 04-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Originally posted by PokerRunGunT/S
The water was rough, but not bad. The two girls on my boat loved it, so it couldn't have been too sloppy.

B,

I knew the truth would come out sooner or later ... I'm still trying to guage what most people call too rough.

I hear too many "I don't want to beat my boat up" or "that's no fun" ..... You get X amount of opportunity/hours to run these boats in conditions they were built to withstand.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm in it for the ultimate rush and holding back won't get me there. WOT gets old ... I'm not skeerd of a little workout.

Old 04-06-2004, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally posted by cigarette1
I'm not skeerd of a little workout.

I'm with you. They are called ocean racers, get it? Racing in the ocean. Rough water and wave banging is always fun. Good workout for me and the boat. If we wanted to go 100 MPH in calm water we would buy a hydroplane.

L.S.

Quick Reply: Sarasota Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.