Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ...a note about spinouts (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/75959-note-about-spinouts.html)

glassdave 04-08-2004 08:50 PM

Originally posted by mcollinstn
. . .. Those guys are ***s...
in my head i heard the voice of Jeff Spicolli (fast times at ridgmont high) :D :D :D

powerabout 04-12-2004 07:04 AM

Spin outs

Hi to all, first post
I remember when I was....(a kid) well we had a new 1500 blue band Merc OB on a 17 ft ski boat in OZ, when you put it in a spin the weight of the motor would pull the boat backwards out of the water when you made it to 180%, now it is also going around so you continue with the 360 whether you made it or not just depended on who was driving and how fast you went into it.
I'll try and find some photo's which look very strange as there is several feet of air under the boat and the skeg about 6" out, lots of spray but you can see from the passengers hair that the boat is going backwards but still rotating!

I ended up working in the boating industry (not far from Mercurys headquarters in OZ in fact so long ago I remember when they assembled engines there), anyway, the marina was on the water and so was I everyday for the 4 years of my apprenticeship with like minded hooligans. I know several other boats did the same thing and one was an imported Glastron ??? with a 125 OB, so you must have had a few over there.

I never took a boat over a ski jump but I have run several across the grassy land between the narrow channels that the marina was on (1/2 mile from the open sea)

I have enjoyed the forums greatly, new boaters are the same everywhere, and so, unfortunately are the ripoff merchants.
I liked T2x.'s article's he must be as old as my old boss who still has a ALTO in his garage and his father in law was the first guy in OZ to have V4 evinrude, not many people over here (sharks ate them all) so everybody knew everyone in the boating game in those days.

Regards to all

CJ
Remember..If is was right when it left the dock, it'll be right when it gets back!

powerabout 04-12-2004 07:46 AM

Spin outs

Sorry that was meant to be 'ELTO'

I have seen the photos of him waterskiiing behind it, must of had different fuel in the old days!

glassdave 04-12-2004 07:59 AM

LPA- please refer to post #5. i am curious because this should be a determining factor on what kind of boat you
decide on.

Caincando1 04-12-2004 09:06 AM

Originally posted by SOX
Note to self....

Never buy a boat previously owned by mcollinstn...

Note taken... ;)

Note to self

Never ride with mcollinstn :D

mcollinstn 04-12-2004 09:05 PM

Glassdave-

And my Dad has this ULTIMATE set of tools. I can FIX it...

Cain,

There are precious few individuals left that will still ride with me when I get that gleam in my eye...

glassdave 04-12-2004 10:02 PM

dudes on ludes should not drive :D :D :D