Notices

Oklahoma Lakes

Old 04-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any Grand Lakers do much boating up past sailboat bridge. I've always wanted to run up to the twin river bridge, but never have. How's the channel up there?
Old 04-09-2004, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Nick,
I've been as far as #10 bridge. With the logs and water depths - I don't think I would venture to far in my boat -would be happy to ride with you in YOUR new boat to twin bridges though.

I talking with Mike and Stan at Drip a few years ago - I guess them and a few buddies with wave runner to twin bridges. They said it was an all day trip from Drowning Creek.....sounds fun....would try it once.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You can navagate all the way to the twin bridges when the water was really high in a Formula 272. Be sure to pack a lunch, watch the depthfinder closely. Don't even try it if the water is low.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:25 PM
Registered

Rebar,
That's what I was afraid of. I guess I'll have to try it on the Sea Doo. I would hate to run out of gas up there.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Registered

Man it get shallow we picked up some chics and had to bring them home after partying late the depth finder was reading 2-3ft foot in the middle jumped out up to my knees did not get home ti 7am in the morning dont do it at night you will wish you hadnt......still had fun though
Old 04-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Fountain38
Michael, why you think you would look outta place at Tenkiller?? Most guys at Grand never get outta range of Duck Creek or the Drip. Tenkiller is not that big, but its easily alot bigger than that area on Grand. Their pary cove is way more fun!! I used to boat at grand and even owned a house in duck creek until I found there was life other that Grand. I boat at Tenkiller with a 36 Daytona. Just my opinion
BELIEVE ME, AT TIMES WE USE THE ENTIRE LAKE. I AM NOT KNOCKING TENKILLER. I USED TO TRAILER MY 23 WEBB VELOTA OVER SEVERAL TIMES A SUMMER, BUT HAVE NEVER FELT THE DESIRE TO HAUL THE 42 FOUNTAIN OVER. WE WILL TRY TO VISIT TEXOMA THIS SUMMER. NOT THE PRETTIEST LAKE, BUT LOTS OF ACTIVITY
Old 04-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you only come once this Summer, come for the annual poker run in late July. It's a blowout weekend. Lots of killer boats are present, no speed limit or sound restictions, just keep it clean.

Other than that, come anytime. It's always a blast.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Registered

It does get shallow up there. We had the Coblat up there last summer and I freaked out watching the depth meter. I will keep my Skater on the South end running it hard.
Attached Thumbnails Oklahoma Lakes-cimg0010.jpg  
Old 04-12-2004, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EUFAULA LAKE... kinda' got lost in the Grand Lake clutter!!

I used to boat Grand but moved on to Eufaula... for a lot of reasons.. the rough water was one reason, there is a reason some many LARGE boats are on Grand. Just wait until you are hit with a 5 foot roller with no boat in sight!! Launched does not begin to explain it! Pontoons have rolled over in the roller up there. No kidding.

Eufaula is the only lake in Oklahoma to offer over $10,000.00 1st place prize in a Poker Run (Golden Eagle Poker Ruin- June 12,2004) They pay to 6th place.
We will have entries from at least 5 states... even Dragonheart showed up last year. A great contingent from Kansas City area was also there. All OSO members.
We have over 650 MILES of sand beach (something Grand does not have) and very good running room as the lake is over 75 miles long. The favorite gathering spot for the "performance" crowd is "The Cut" on the island in front of my home. Every boat running to the cut has to go by my house. Killer sounds!! I love it.

P Offshore- your gang will have to come this year. I know Fountain 38 will be there.... with the woman of course!!
Old 04-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Registered

Blown, Keep everybody informed. I will bring my Skater up there for the poker run.
Jerrod 918-245-2974

Quick Reply: Oklahoma Lakes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.