Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Keith Eickhert (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76012-keith-eickhert.html)

VelocityMark 04-06-2004 02:00 PM

Keith Eickhert

Does anyone know where he works now? I am not trying to start another bad thread on this subject and if it turns into that I will delete it.
I am only curious because we have a couple of his 10 quart oil pans with pick ups and they don't seem to fit up right. We called the # listed on the web site and after talking to one of there tech guys about the problem they said they would lay a pan up and see if they could see the same problem we were seeing. We called them back today and he said that he and Keith, laid a pan up and did not find a problem. "Keith" Keith who, Keith Eickhert the man said. He told us that he had nothing to do with the parts but was there everyday building motors. Is this true?

open87 04-06-2004 02:11 PM

yes, keith is at the location building big power again but the building is split . kepp parts is a different company. call cp performance in FL and ask for BISCUT or pm d-hlaw. they have his cell #. i have his # but i am at work if no luck pm me and i will give you the #. what exactly does not fit?? eric

NASCAT 04-06-2004 02:33 PM

Mark,

I'm dealing w/ Dave Smith @ KEE who has been quite helpful & knowledgeable. Jo @ Pantera is friends w/ KE & might be able to assist as well! Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Michael

VelocityMark 04-06-2004 02:40 PM

Originally posted by open72
#. what exactly does not fit?? eric
We are using a Moroso high volume oil pump and the pick up does not line up with out bending the bracket. after doing so to make it fit we measured the distance from the pick up to the botom of the pan and its about 3/4 to 7/8 of an inch from the pan before the gasket. They say its supposed to be 1/4" to 5/16" off the bottom.

open87 04-06-2004 03:41 PM

the 22160 hv or the 22162. bending the bracket? the square p/u that came with the kit?

VelocityMark 04-06-2004 04:31 PM

Originally posted by open72
the 22160 hv or the 22162. bending the bracket? the square p/u that came with the kit?
Not sure what the part # is but I will find out tonight. Yes the square p/u. It is the 10qt pan that is on the web site, which I can't find right now. :rolleyes: If you are using this pan what pump are you using? We compared a Moroso and a Mieling(sp) and they both have the same problem.

mikes280 04-06-2004 05:34 PM

yes we are using the 22160 pump and i have had to bend the pickup but it is still to high in the pan almost 1 inch with out a gasket will be more once it is put together if left like this i called and talked to dave he got with keith and they checked one in the shop and it fit like it is made to fit but mine or Marks does not

mikes280 04-06-2004 08:45 PM

ttt

open87 04-06-2004 09:58 PM

i used the mellings m77hv with arp stud no problem. mk4 k80031400 9 qt pan. 10 qt with filter. dunno. have the same p/u. using the composite gasket that came with the kit??? what block are u using??

mikes280 04-06-2004 10:09 PM

i am using a merlin -11 block mark 4 type did you check how close the pickup was the first time i did not check it wish i had may be part of the reason it is apart now it was pumping all the oil to the top and would loose oil preasure on a long run at 4000