Donzi 38 ZR vs. Cigarette Gladiator

Notices

Donzi 38 ZR vs. Cigarette Gladiator

Old 04-08-2004, 08:50 AM
JKK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Canada Jeff
Thers no right answer, only personal taste! But just looking at recient events, the Donzi took F2 in APBA. With a Canadain team , and a women driver! Not that theres anything wrong with that .

Had a chance to talk with the winning team at the Miami boat show this winter, and they were telling us that they have some sligt modifications to the hull for next season. It should be interesting to watch.

I'll just say this because I love Brian and Wilma (The 2003 F2 APBA "National" Champs), a women driver, driver of the year by the way, does not make a difference, it is a team sport, and she is very good, they both are, especially together. They did for sure sport the very best super rough water set up in 2003, but in typical racing conditions under 6ft, there boat was slower then our Formula with 525's, and our Gladiator with 500's is still faster then our Formula............Just a note..........
Old 04-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Registered

She is a very nice lady. Hell, she's Canadain!
Old 04-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My one hold back from either if these is the lack of a cabin. Although ive never spent a night in the cabin of my 28, its till good for storage and getting out of the sun. Anyone have any pics of the skater or know where i can get them? also anyone know anything about the new eliminator daytona? sit down with canopies and a full cabin. much slower then the donzi and cig though, but with the right power can get up over 100. This one caught my eye today.
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/0/50393850.htm
Old 04-08-2004, 12:18 PM
Registered

Imeant eliminator eagle, their 38 v, not the cat
Old 04-08-2004, 12:27 PM
Registered

Donzi all the way, smoothest 100+ ride I ever took, but then Doug was driving. Been in both.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:44 PM
LPA2106

seats on the Cig look good but I agree that we were there years back before Aronow developed the 'bolster"...he must have developed "piles" from riding those waves in seats!

Attached Thumbnails Donzi 38 ZR vs. Cigarette Gladiator-1.jpg  

Old 04-08-2004, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

I'll tell you right now that donzi ZR is SWEEET! Rides like a freakin Cadillac. And that's coming from someone who LOVES Cig's. And the interior on the ZR is nicer than the Gladiator. Both are awesome.
Old 04-08-2004, 04:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I am a die hard Cig lover and former Donzi owner. This would be a tough call for someone in the market for a sit down hot-rod and you really couldn't go wrong with either. The best part, aside from their awesome build quality and performance, is that you can say "I own a Cigarette/Donzi" and every Joe Blow knows what you got.

I own a Kryptonite. Oh, they are a small custom builder out on Long Isl...... see what I mean.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Registered

Re: Donzi 38 ZR vs. Cigarette Gladiator

Old 03-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Default Re: Donzi 38 ZR vs. Cigarette Gladiator

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
The 39 Skater is a PRODUCTION boat. Was just at the plant. Several in various states of finish. In pleasure, poker run, and race configurations. But it is 39 feet long, so it's out.

All things being equal, and if I had a fist full of some one else's money, I'd be taking a trip to Floriduh to pick up my new Cigarette. Thank you very much!!!
Is a production boat ???? Where is one ... and don't tell me about that Baja they released

G

Quick Reply: Donzi 38 ZR vs. Cigarette Gladiator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.