Notices

Help me catch this guy!

Old 04-11-2004, 12:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These guy's are like vultures. I hope you come up with a good plan to catch them.
Old 04-11-2004, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear...you will get thru it.
Old 04-11-2004, 04:36 PM
Registered

It looks like someone knew this boat, you don't break into a barn full of boats, pick this one and then know what is under the valve covers and that there is silent choice. I am a firm believer that a job like this is not random. I am also a firm believer that anything and everything stored off the premises needs to be under 24hr camera watch. Even a fake one with a red light and posted notice will keep 99% away, in this case it may not have worked because either this person knows you, met you or knows someone who knows you. They made it look like a theft with the broken stuff but took time on the good stuff. On the nuts, there is no way, unless they pulled the push rods, that they went in the engine and to send a bolt that size down the push rod hole would be very hard. The only place they could go would be in a cylinder and that means down the valve stem hole, another small hole for a big nut. I bet you catch them and I would start my search close to home. Even advertise for the lost parts in a way that it looks like you are in need of them. ie: Help, I just got a ticket for noise and need good silent choice set up." like the officer said in an earlier post, you will need to do the leg work. I just had a wallet stolen and found the crooks on my own, I don't blame them, there are a lot of wild goose chases and they need to pick their battles. I led the police right to my people and now they are under arrest. You to will prevail.
Old 04-11-2004, 05:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I live in Antioch on Channel Lake and will keep eyes and ears open. I also have many friends that do performance boat work in this area, some on OSO, and will notify them to watch out as well. You might try and get in touch with the boat club that is on the chain. Not sure of their name, but I think it is Northern Illinois ..... and Mike Levergee (sp?) is/was the head of the boat club. I will try to get more info on them for you and pm you when I get it.

Best of luck - will do what I can!

Tim Fitzgerald
847-404-2426
Old 04-11-2004, 05:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I belong to that club. It is Northern Illinois Offshore Club, nioffshore.com. I will try to get something in the next newsletter.

Mike Lovergine is the Commodore and a great guy.

Thanks!

F
Old 04-11-2004, 06:10 PM
jeff bratton

Sorry to hear bro. Someone you may even know, or has a simular boat. Good luck with the ins. Dont let them jerk you around.

Old 04-11-2004, 06:51 PM
Registered

It's amazing to me that we should have to worry about thieves.
If our penile system worked as it should ( cut there damn hands off so they can not do it again, and send a message to the next piece of sh^* ,pond scum sucken, maggot, thief.)
Sorry to hear about YOUR STUFF.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Allan4

Originally posted by J-BOAT
It's amazing to me that we should have to worry about thieves.
If our penile system worked as it should ( cut there damn hands off so they can not do it again, and send a message to the next piece of sh^* ,pond scum sucken, maggot, thief.)
Sorry to hear about YOUR STUFF.
Right on.....

I hate thieves, period.

Old 04-11-2004, 08:52 PM
Registered

That sucks, makes you feel raped.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Registered

That sucks I hate thieves it does sound like some one that knows your boat.

Quick Reply: Help me catch this guy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.