Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Decide who should win the Gold Membership! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76447-decide-who-should-win-gold-membership.html)

Cord 04-11-2004 10:43 PM

Decide who should win the Gold Membership!

Ok, I posted in another thread my need for a company name. Other thread This is a company that I'll be building a some boats through. Right now it'll just be a hobby. Maybe it'll become a career. We'll see where the future takes us.

Here are the honorable mentions from the other thread:

By ScottB: Tunnel Vision Performance Cats
By 97bosshammer: Wicked Tunnel Offshore
By 97bosshammer: Cat Tastrophe Powerboats
By Shorgasm: Wicked Cat Offshore
By Hi-perf-2000: Wicked Marine Industries (WMI)
By 97bosshammer: Tunnel Concept

The Mrs and I are torn between two names. They both are good names. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. Right now, we don't know which name will be chosen. So, here's the deal. I'm posting a poll to have the board decide which creator deserves the Gold Membership. The results of this poll will also be used as an aid in deciding which name will be chosen as the company name. Remember, no matter what name we choose, the results of this poll will pick the winner of the contest.

Cord 04-11-2004 10:49 PM

Ok, I had a typo in the poll title. I can't go back and edit so you guys are just gonna havfta deal with it. :D

The poll will end in two days, so you need to get your vote in!

I also want some input on a interesting twist of the two names: Tunnel marine Industries Thoughts? I didn't put this into the poll because I wanted the poll to decide which of the two entrants had the better name.

Cord 04-11-2004 10:54 PM

At this time Boat Trader doesn not list either company as being a boat manufacturer. Doesn't mean the names are not taken, but it sure suggests that they both may be valid unclaimed names. :cool:

Reed Jensen 04-12-2004 12:21 AM

I did a trademark search on both names... I didn't come up with a match... so I don't think you would have any problems with either..... Good Luck.....:D

timewarp 04-12-2004 01:02 AM

One thing to think about,
At this time you are planning on building a tunnel hull but what happens in the future if you decide to go in another direction, maybe a V-hull or some kind of accessory. Would be nice not to lock your company in or have to change your name if you go in a different direction.
Therefore I voted for Wicked Marine Industries.
Just something else to think about.

Caleb

hp500efi 04-12-2004 07:02 AM

Tunnel Concepts

Shorter name, easier to remember etc...

Cord 04-12-2004 08:00 AM

Time-that is exactly one of the advantages of WMI.

Hp-but how does "Tunnel Concepts" work in a conversation? It's seems to be a bit awkward.

97BossHammer 04-12-2004 09:31 AM

hey cord...just a correction, you actually created Wicked Marine Industries.....if you look back Hi-perf-2000 posted Wild Marine Industries. so you actually should get credit for Wicked Marine Industries.

Chris288 04-12-2004 09:31 AM

TCBY,,, Tim's custom boat yard.. has a nice ring to it.. :D

Cord 04-12-2004 10:34 AM

Originally posted by 97BossHammer
hey cord...just a correction, you actually created Wicked Marine Industries.....if you look back Hi-perf-2000 posted Wild Marine Industries. so you actually should get credit for Wicked Marine Industries.

Damn. That messes things up.