Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where is Risk Taker? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76642-where-risk-taker.html)

Sydwayz 04-14-2004 12:25 AM

Where is Risk Taker?

Has anyone spoken with Bill recently? I know he suffered a close family loss. I hope things are doing well for him.

Bill, we miss your humor.

GLH 04-14-2004 05:44 AM

I talked with Bill last week. The loss of his father had nothing to do with this except for the close timing of it.

One cat accident has made the entity carrying his insurance book retract from the performance boat insurance business. Bill decided to work in the golf business which was a passion of his, although he sucks at it! :D:D Just kidding buddy.

I wish him good luck in his new field.

So thank you cat owners also.

OldSchool 04-14-2004 06:01 AM

I hope that means that he will be posting some good golf jokes in the near future!!:D :D

If you are lurking, Hi Bill:) :)

CigDaze 04-14-2004 07:30 AM

:( It would be a shame to see Bill go. He's a good guy with great humor.

Clay Washington 04-14-2004 07:33 AM

Two blonds walk into a building.

You would think that one of them would have seen it! :p

gmhdfan 04-14-2004 07:48 AM

Originally posted by GLH

One cat accident has made the entity carrying his insurance book retract from the performance boat insurance business.

Hope it wasn't the Ford SportKa advertisement.:) I really miss Bills jokes. He really carried me through with my daily jokes after 9-11. All my e-mail jokes dried up after 9-11. I use to look forward to them just like the "Monday Morning Nickslick Report". Good luck Bill.

GLH 04-14-2004 08:32 AM

I think he enjoys the company here, his problem is he actually has to work now, and can't jerk around the computer all day like all of us low lifes do!

bajabob38 04-14-2004 08:39 AM

Originally posted by craig223
I hope that means that he will be posting some good golf jokes in the near future!!:D :D

If you are lurking, Hi Bill:) :)

That won't be hard, all he will have to do is post your score card.:D

Risk Taker 04-14-2004 01:39 PM

Hey all !!

GL is correct. Recent large claims have caused my underwriter to discontinue in the high-peformance insurance market. Although our agency remains firmly in the marine insurance business, I have taken this opportunity to retire from the insurance business after 22 years, and start on a second career (at age 42)........golf !!!:D

My ultimate goal is to become a PGA pro....not a touring pro, but a club pro. That will take anywhere from 2 - 5 years to accomplish, so I am starting at the beginning/bottom.

Just secured a job at a local country club doing a little bit of everything....washing carts, starting, marshaling, picking range balls, as well as working in the pro shop. I think the pro is taking me under his wing, and hopefully I will be apprenticing in the PGA program by spring '05.

Needless to say, I am taking a severe cut in pay, but this has always been a dream of mine,and I have an extremely caring and understanding wife (who, thank god, happens to make a good buck.) She's behind me all the way.

I'll will post whenever I can, and see if I can bring back Hump Day Humor and other stuff.......I have a few weeks more as a "low-life"...........:D :p

Risk Taker 04-14-2004 01:40 PM

Originally posted by bajabob38
That won't be hard, all he will have to do is post your score card.:D
Now THAT is funny......:D:D:D:D