Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New to OSO, New SB 30Y2K Ordered >

New to OSO, New SB 30Y2K Ordered

Notices

New to OSO, New SB 30Y2K Ordered

Old 04-14-2004, 05:45 PM
mirageman

Welcome Krak, and good choice!!!! have you chosen power yet? What options did you choose if you mind me asking. I like that boat alot and looking at getting either the Superboat or the Pantera 28.
The number one thing I like about the Superboat is price. Second it is a 32' boat that looks hot!

Old 04-14-2004, 06:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Welcome to OSO! Great choice of boat. Let's here the details .... Power, options, etc. Stop by the Superboat area.

Yo Tripps, get over there and take some pics of that thing being built! Oh, I forgot, they don't have cameras on Long Island.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:15 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mean this boat?
Attached Thumbnails New to OSO, New SB 30Y2K Ordered-superboat1.jpg  
Old 04-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Congrats & Welcome!
Old 04-14-2004, 07:53 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thanks Ron for posting that pic, I have been trying to get ahold of Ike to get a 30X20 for my new office. If anyone can forward me a number I would appreciate it. That day was insane. John had me run a 3 Blade against my better Judgement, when the boats took off we could not get on plain, when we got going we were a 1/4 mile behind the last place boat, Randy (Typoon) was clean out of site. We finished 2nd, a hundred yards behind Randy in the biggest water I have ever seen during a race. We caught 10 to 15 feet of air between 1 and 2 on every lap and the boat landed perfectly every time. Thanks again for posting it.

Eddie
Old 04-14-2004, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome aboard, Krak! 'Bout time!

Can't wait to see that new SB, (heck I may be going with you to drag it home!)...
Old 04-15-2004, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome..and Best of Luck with the Y2K....Great Ride!

Old 04-15-2004, 10:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wow - had to shut my PC down for a while and came back to all these great well-wishes, thanks!

I'll try to answer everyone here, starting with the boat details of course!

Got the 496HO, tabs, HD engine mounts, no external steering. No cabin interior, compass, engine cover lift, cockpit cover. John said ~10 weeks so that puts me in NY mid June. I've asked to do graphics very similar (but different) to sb30's scheme - really liked that with the black cowlings and red highlights, bezels.

Trailer - I can get a great aluminum down here near my house for a price that is worth me towing an empty trailer to NY, so I am putting deposit on that tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me a true, wet, rigged weight of the 30? I'm told 4500#, just wondering if that is realistic, as the trailer has a 5800# capacity and I don't want to under-buy.

Now, on to the rest:
Fightclub: HA! I am NOT a newbie to forums, and I know what kind of topics can get things going!! LOL (BTW, you forgot aluminum manifolds in saltwater....)

Thanks DPTMoto - sounds like I might want to talk with you and Fast edy some more real soon!

Mirageman - PULL THE TRIGGER! Mine is in the mold as of this week!

DaveM, Tripps - thanks! I'll post on the SB area next day or so as well. Yes, can someone go take pictures??? I've asked John C to , but would love to see some at every/any stage!

Fastedy - thanks, and sorry if I stole your avatar - will try to come up with my own in near future! Would love to hear more on the boat from you.

bglz42, bodyshot1, sydwayz, hp500efi,
I may have missed a few, but thanks again for all the response - watch for pictures of the road trip and first splash, only now 9.5 weeks away???? Maybe I should count days.......
Old 04-15-2004, 11:43 AM
mirageman

LMAO!!!!!!!

"Now, on to the rest:
Fightclub: HA! I am NOT a newbie to forums, and I know what kind of topics can get things going!! LOL (BTW, you forgot aluminum manifolds in saltwater....)"

Hey krak, I like you already!
I just need to get some cash saved up for the down and it's on brother!
Wife and I just had a baby so my boat fund has been draining away while she has not been working! The least she could do is cook me a non-burned meal while she's not working!
Oh well!

How was John to work with? Did you set up your financing before you went to talk to him?

Congrats and I expect pics!!!!

Old 04-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Registered

Welcome Krak If you really want to getem going.---
just say something that is not totally wonderful about OL's

Quick Reply: New to OSO, New SB 30Y2K Ordered

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.