Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   '89 Apache (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76690-89-apache.html)

LPA2106 04-14-2004 04:15 PM

'89 Apache

A marina in my state has an '89 McManus Apache for sale...I am looking into seriously...advertised as a "Number 6 Apache"..(what does that mean?) Factory refit in '97 looks like continued updates to '02...Kevlar/carbon layup; rigged for #6's...No engines/drives or transom plates...$160k

....Sterling is 10 miles from me so they will work up a price on a pair of a few models from 700HP to 1025 HP..their engines used in Poker Runs etc..not racing engines..

...I already know what #6's will run...

....just adding it all up with labor and the whole 9 yards....

...just curious as to how you might go about looking into this considering the asking price of the hull...engine drives...maybe new paint...

...I still have to get home and see the boat...but just looking at the possibilities...

...our company Scarab 38 has rebulit doggies...HP 500's...

...I am thinking of getting the boat...and taking my time rigging it...

....also made the "mistake" of looking at a 38' Gun and 42' Tiger when down south...

..my only concern is that the Apache project might be equal to or more than a new Gun with 525's or 575's...

...so I am pricing things out...also looking at T-Cobras..

...seems like a lot of engine manufacturers and dealers use RP oil by the way...took a mini survey...

see ya

OBNOXUS21 04-14-2004 04:22 PM

It has been discussed that the price for the hull of this Apache is a bit steep. I think that's why it's been for sale so long. If had a full power train, that might be different. I like the boat myself, but for the money you could just as easily have the new or almost TopGun that will run just as fast (pending you didn't go with Sterling 1250's ;) ).

Cool boat, but less hassle, especially considering the money, with newer boats!!! Just my opinion. Either way you go, best of luck 'cause all these are killer boats!

PS- Never heard of T-Cobras. What/who are they?

lucky strike 04-14-2004 04:23 PM

Sounds like "Ultimate Warrior"

LS JR.

BGIII 04-14-2004 04:26 PM

Why not this one? Then you will be boating the next day and boat builder will be in your backyard also.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=74481

LPA2106 04-14-2004 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
...yea once in an Apache' or TG and the world looks different...a time and place for all...this is the boat the marina has listed...

OldSchool 04-14-2004 04:29 PM

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Dude,
Get off the drugs!!! 160K for a Hull?:crazy: It'll cost you 100K to get engines and drives in it and on the water. Do you think you could get something a little nicer for 260K?

LPA2106 04-14-2004 04:32 PM

...hear ya Craig..I just thought the exotic materials used in the boat justified the asking price...so that's why I am asking...and didn't jump in...price is very firm I heard...and this "#6" thing I wasn't familiar with...thought some info would give me leverage if I made an offer...I shopped around for financing..and man...I can get it but at a kinda high rate as the boat is not complete...and older

Roger 1 04-14-2004 04:44 PM

160 K will buy you one hell of an Apache......THAT RUNS!

LPA2106 04-14-2004 04:53 PM

...sounds like this hull is not worth more than other Apache's...thanks for the info...nuff said!

clearcut3 04-14-2004 07:15 PM

Originally posted by LPA2106
...hear ya Craig..I just thought the exotic materials used in the boat justified the asking price...so that's why I am asking...and didn't jump in...price is very firm I heard...and this "#6" thing I wasn't familiar with...thought some info would give me leverage if I made an offer...I shopped around for financing..and man...I can get it but at a kinda high rate as the boat is not complete...and older
Post this in the Apache section and Mark McManus will probably let you know anything you want to know about the boat.

160K is way high for that boat in my opinion, I assume you are talking about a 41'. You will be lucky to get the engines and drives in that bad bay for under $200K since they stripped the transom plates and all off. Good luck...one thing about those old Apache's...they ain't makin' em no more so it is a piece of history that I and many others would love to have :)